Warsaw Chopin Airport Flight Delays
Warsaw Chopin Airport is a European Airport, and if you were affected with delayed, canceled or overbooked flight, you may claim compensation of up to 600€ under EU law.
This guide will help you understand your rights, and how to deal with such mishaps. We are here to help and make it easier for you to claim without any hassle.
Check if you're eligible for compensation
Warsaw Chopin Airport Passengers’ Rights
Flight delays and cancellations are unfortunate scenarios, and sometimes you could face it in your air travel experience. To bring you a little relief, you may have the right to compensation under European Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004.
To determine if EU261 applies to you, the rule states that you are eligible for compensation if …
- your flight was departed, or arrived with an EU-registered airline, at Warsaw Chopin Airport
- the delay or cancellation wasn’t due to any extraordinary circumstances
- and, you reached the final destination with a delay or more than 3 hours
You could claim compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004, if the airline was responsible for …
- flight delays: if you reached the final destination with more than 3 hours delay.
- flight cancellations: if you were informed about flight cancellation without any prior notice of at least 14 days before departure.
- denied boarding: if you were denied to board a flight despite having a valid flight reservation due to overbooking.
- missed connecting flight: if you missed your connecting flight due to delay or cancellation of your first flight, and reached later than 3 hours at the final destination.
Check your Compensation
Warsaw Chopin Airport flight delayed – What should I do?
- ☛ ask the airlines’ for the reason behind it
- ☛ get a confirmation of delay or cancellation in writing
- ☛ collect evidence (e.g. boarding pass, voucher, receipts, etc)
- ☛ note down the actual flight departure and arrival time
- ☛ Check if you are eligible for compensation
- ☛ assign us your case for a hassle-free claim
Which flights are covered under European Regulation EC 261/2004?
|Origin and Destination||EU-regulated Airline||Non-EU regulated Airline|
|EU ✈ EU||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|EU ✈ Non-EU||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Non-EU ✈ EU||✅ Yes||❌ No|
|Non-EU ✈ Non-EU||❌ No||❌ No|
Warsaw Chopin Airport Flight Delay Compensation
For Warsaw Chopin Airport flight delays, you could be eligible for compensation up to 600€ under EU law.
Under EU Regulation 261/2004, you are entitled to financial compensation or refund for longer flight delays.
You may be eligible for compensation if …
- your flight was delayed for more than 3 hours on arrivals
- your flight was departed from, or arrived with an EU airline at, Warsaw Airport
- and, the delay was not due to extraordinary circumstances
Can I claim compensation for flight delays due to bad weather?
How much can you claim for Warsaw Chopin Airport delays?
The amount of compensation varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
The table below clarifies how much you can claim for Warsaw Chopin’s delayed flight.
|Origin and Destination||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|Within EU||Less than 1500 km||250€|
|Over 1500 km||400€|
|Between EU Airport – Non EU Airport||Less than 1500km||250€|
|Between 1500 to 3500 km||400€|
|Over 3500 km||600€|
Calculate the amount to claim for Warsaw delayed flight?
Your rights for Warsaw Chopin departure delays
If your flight was delayed at departure for more than 2 hours, then you are eligible for “right to care”.
|For delays over 2 hours||free meals and refreshments|
|2 free phone calls, email or fax service|
|For delays over 5 hours||re-routed to the earliest available flight (OR)|
|refund of the ticket cost, if you were unwilling to travel|
|hotel accommodation and transport facility for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary|
Warsaw Chopin Airport Canceled Flights Compensation
In case of flight cancellation, if the airline canceled your flight without prior notice of at least 14 days, you could be entitled to compensation or ask for a full refund.
You can claim compensation between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- the length of delay, and
- route distance
If your Warsaw flight was canceled, you have two options to choose from …
- apply for a refund, or
- ask for an alternative flight
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law.
Whereas, for flight cancellation due to extraordinary circumstances, you could not claim compensation.
Experienced Warsaw Chopin flight cancellations?
What if you missed your connecting flight?
You could be entitled to compensation for a missed connecting flight due to your first delay or cancellation, under European law EC 261.
- the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a problem on your first flight, and
- delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
How to claim compensation for Warsaw Chopin flight delays?
We are specialized in helping air passengers get their compensation from the airline.
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some flight information and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf.
- We take care of the whole claim process, if required also take legal action at no extra cost
- If we do get your compensation, we charge a success fee of 25%.
- Don’t be late, claim for your Warsaw Chopin Airport delays today.
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
The most popular international routes from Warsaw Chopin Airport are London, Paris, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam. Whereas, Kraków, Wrocław, and Gdansk are its busiest domestic connections.
In terms of passenger volume, Chopin Airport carried 18.8 million passengers in 2019. Approximately 40% of the country’s passengers’ traffic.
The IATA code of Warsaw Chopin Airport is “WAW”. And the ICAO code of Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport is “EPWA”.
Warsaw Chopin Airport Terminal
The Airport has one terminal, named Terminal A. Terminal A has five check-in areas i.e ABCDE which is divided into two main halls the South Hall and the North Hall.
The South hall is known as Terminal 1 which contains the check-in areas A and B. It was built in 1992 with a capacity for 3.5 million passengers per year.
The North hall contains the check-in areas C, D, and E. The terminal counts with a total of 45 passenger gates, 27 of them available to handle jetways.
How to get to Warsaw Chopin Airport?
Warsaw Chopin Airport is easy to access by train, local buses, or taxis.
Rail: Warsaw Chopin Airport railway station is built underground at Terminal 2. Trains run frequently every 15 minutes. Tickets can be bought at the Passenger Information Point, from ticket machines, which is located in the arrivals hall.
Taxi: There are a number of taxi service providers but for safety only use licensed taxis. The airport recommends these 3 companies taxis i.e Ele Taxi, iTaxi, and MPT Taxi.
Bus: The bus terminal is located in front of the South Pier, on the Arrivals Level. Buses number 175 and 188 run daily during the day and N32 at night (connects to the city center and Central Railway Station).
There are additional buses line 188 (connects to Politechnika Metro station) line 331 (connects to Wilanowska Metro station) line 148 connects (to Ursynów-Praga)
Warsaw Chopin Reviews and Ratings
Skytrax rates airlines and airports based on the quality, services, and performances. Warsaw Chopin Airport has 4 stars out of 10 based on 120 reviews as of 20th April 2020.
Passengers usually complain about poor customer services, terminal cleanliness and seatings, queuing times, and more.