Atlanta Airport Flight Delays or Cancellations
For Atlanta Airport flight delays or cancellations, you may have the right to compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004. You may claim up to 600€ ($700) from the airlines.
How much money can you claim
Table of Content
Atlanta Airport Flights’ Delayed or Canceled
Under EU law, it’s your right to ask for flight delay compensation if …
- your flight arrived with a delay of more than 3 hours
- you have been departed from an EU airport
- you arrived at an EU airport with an EU-registered airline
- the delay was not due to any extraordinary circumstances
How much can you claim for flight delays?
The amount of compensation varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
(up to 1500 km)
(1501 to 3500 km)
(more than 3500 km)
|e.g. Frankfurt to Madrid||e.g. Frankfurt to Turkey||e.g. Frankfurt to New York|
* the amount may get reduced by 50%, i.e., you may get up to 300€ for distance over 3500 km when EU borders were not crossed.
What should you do if your flight was delayed?
Ask the Reason
Ask the airline for a reason behind the delay. Get confirmation in writing from the airlines’ customer service.
Collect evidence such as pictures of arrival board, boarding pass, flight ticket, etc., to prove the delay.
Exchange contact information of co-passengers (which can act as evidence while asking for compensation).
Note Arrival Time
Note the flights’ arrival time, i.e., when the aircraft door was opened and passengers were allowed to step out.
Claim Money Back
Assign us your case for a hassle-free claim (we work on a “No Win – No Fee” basis).
Passenger Rights under EU 261 Rule
Under EU Regulation EC 261/2004, air passengers are entitled to compensation or refund from the airlines for longer flight delays, cancellations, and denied boarding due to overbooking.
Thus, you could claim compensation if the airline was responsible for …
- ☛flight delays: if you reached the final destination with more than 3 hours delay.
- ☛flight cancellations: if your flight was canceled without prior notice of at least 0 to 14 days before departure.
- ☛overbooking: if you were denied to board your flight due to overbooking or overselling of flight tickets.
- ☛missed connection: if you missed your connecting flight due to delay or cancellation of your first flight.
Whereas, if the flight disruptions were caused due to some extraordinary circumstances, there is no compensation.
Examples of such circumstances include security threats, strikes, coronavirus, tsunami, extreme bad weather conditions, or any ‘Act of God.’
Atlanta Airport Flight Delays
You are eligible for compensation for flight delays at the airport, if …
✔your flight had 3+ hours delay at the arrival airport, i.e., at the final destination
✔ you were departed from EU airport or arrived at EU airport with an EU-registered airline
Within the EU:
- If you travel up to 1,500 km or less, then you can claim up to 250€
- And over 1,500 km, you can claim up to 400€
Between EU Airport And Non-EU Airport:
- If you travel up to 1,500 km or less, then you can claim financial compensation up to 250€
- If the distance is between 1,500 – 3,500 km, then you can claim up to 400€
- And, if the distance is over 3500 km and the delay goes beyond 4 hours, you can claim up to 600€
Flight departure delays
If there’s delay at departure, you are eligible for “Right to Care”. The airlines must offer:
For 2 Hours Flight Delays
For 5 Hours Flight Delays
Plus, compensation of up to 600 Euros, if you reached your final destination later than three hours.
Atlanta Airport Flight Cancellations
If your flight was canceled without prior notice of at least 14 days, you may ask for flight cancellation compensation or get a refund.
There are two options available for you to choose from …
- You can either apply for a ticket refund, or
- You may ask for a change of flight or an alternate flight.
If your alternate or replacement flight gets delayed beyond the scheduled arrival time, you are entitled to compensation.
The amount varies between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- length of delay, and
- route distance
Denied Boarding due to Overbooking
If you were denied boarding, you might be eligible for compensation under the European Regulation EC261 up to 600€ if …
- you have presented yourself on time for check-in, and
- you have a valid flight reservation and travel documentation, and
- you were denied boarding due to overbooking (overselling of flight tickets), and
- you didn’t voluntarily give up your seat
If you were denied to board the flight due to overbooking, you should be re-routed to the earliest available flight.
Alternatively, you can ask for a refund of the ticket cost (which should be credited in the next 7 working days) if you are not willing to travel.
If you had been stranded at the airport for your replacement flight, it’s your right to ask for free:
- meals and refreshments
- Two calls, email or fax service
- hotel accommodation and transport facility (for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary)
Missed Connecting Flight
A connecting flight is a flight booked under one booking reference number but can have two or more same or different IATA numbers.
For example, you book Frankfurt to New York with a layover in London with one booking reference number as a whole flight and NOT 2 separate flights from Frankfurt to London, and London to New York.
Connecting flights can be with 2 different airlines, whereas, most of the time, it’s with the same airline.
You may be eligible for missed flight compensation up to 600€ under the European Union Regulation EC261, if …
- → the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a problem on your first flight, and
- → the delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
Am I eligible to claim compensation?
EC Regulation 261/2004 is a European law, it applies to EU airspace. You do not have to be an EU citizen to claim delayed flight compensation.
It states that you can claim for flights departed from an airport located in the EU Member States (with any airline), or arrived at an airport located in the EU Member States with an EU regulated airline.
|Origin and Destination||EU Airline||Non-EU Airline|
|EU ✈ EU||✅||✅|
|EU ✈ Non-EU||✅||✅|
|Non-EU ✈ EU||✅||❌|
|Non-EU ✈ Non-EU||❌||❌|
Calculate the amount airlines’ owes you
Passengers are often unaware of their rights and end up claiming a futile amount compared to what they are entitled to claim.
At “Claim Flights” we facilitate free flight delay compensation calculator. It helps you to calculate the amount that you can demand from the airline.
You can check for free the amount to claim from the airlines.
How to proceed with your claim in the event of flight delay?
Gather proof of the delay
- get a confirmation in writing from the airlines
- take photos of the flight information board
- gather contact details of co-passengers (who can act as a witness)
Keep your documents ready
- flight documents (flight ticket, boarding pass)
- receipts or bills of additional costs (e.g. taxi, food & meals, and accommodation)
- enter your flight details
- know the amount to claim (if you have any questions, read this guide)
- fill the claim form (doesn’t take more than 2 minutes)
- you can choose “Claim Flights” to enforce your rights
How to claim compensation for Atlanta Airport delays?
In general, when passengers approach the airline, they were excused with reasons such as ‘extraordinary circumstances,’ thus no compensation.
But, we know the actual reason behind the flight disruptions and help you with your claim.
To proceed with your claim, check your flight in our compensation checker tool.
All you have to do is provide us with your flight number, date of journey, and some further information.
If you further decide to claim through us, provide us with your personal details and assign us by signing the digital contract.
We work on a “No Win = No Fee” basis. You don’t need to pay anything if we are not successful. You will not have financial risk. You pay only if we get money.
Our claim experts will work with various other teams to collect data so that everything goes smoothly.
Our claim experts have access to flight information such as the time by which the flight was delayed, the reason behind it, flight departure and arrival time, etc. making us more likely to win the compensation.
Don’t be late; claim for your rights today.
Why choose “ClaimFlights”?
No win = No fee
Success Fee 25%
No Legal Action Fee
Close to 100% Success
International Legal Strategist
You may be interested to read the articles below
How much compensation can I get for a delayed flight?
A plane delay occurs, and it is a common thing for air travelers. But, it is important to know your rights in case you face one....
What are my rights in the event of flight cancellation?
Flight cancellations can put any passenger in distress, which leads to travel plans in suffering and the consequences could be serious.....
Choose your Choice to Claim Compensation
Here we have compared 3 different ways to claim compensation: