LOT Airlines Compensation Claim
Was your LOT flight delayed or canceled? To give you a little relief, we have good news for you. You may ask for compensation up to 600€ from LOT Polish Airlines.
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, you could be entitled to compensation for flight delays, flight cancellations, and denied boarding due to overbooking.
We would be delighted to help you with your claim. We at ClaimFlights, help air passengers who were left stranded at the airport due to LOT delays or LOT cancelled flight.
Continue reading this guide to know how and when you can claim. We will help you find out whether you are eligible for LOT Airlines Compensation Claim, or not.
Find out if you are eligible for compensation
Table of Content
LOT Airlines passengers’ right to compensation
Flight delays or cancellations may happen for some reasons. It’s hard to avoid. Thanks to the European Regulation EC No 261/2004, which at least provides certain benefits.
Under EU law EC 261, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ or refund from the airlines for the long delay, cancellations, and overbooking.
You may claim the compensation yourself directly from the airlines. However, airlines do not like to accept their fault, and they certainly don’t want to make it easy to claim.
Thus, you may seek the help of our legal experts in order to get money back for your LOT Airlines delayed or cancelled flight.
Flight Delay Compensation LOT Airlines
For LOT Polish Airlines delays of more than three hours at the final destination, you could be eligible for compensation up to 600€ under EU law.
Under the EU 261 rule, you could claim if …
- the flight was delayed for more than three hours on arrivals
- the flight was departed from, landed at, EU airport.
- and, the reason behind it wasn’t extraordinary circumstances
LOT flight delays over 3 hours? Claim up to 600€
What should you do when your LOT flight delays?
- ☛ ask the airline for the reason behind it
- ☛ get a confirmation of it, in writing
- ☛ note the actual arrival time when you landed
- ☛ collect evidence (e.g. boarding pass, voucher, receipts, etc)
- ☛ check if you are eligible for compensation
- ☛ assign us your case for a hassle-free claim
How much can I claim for LOT Airlines delayed flight?
The amount of compensation varies between 250 to 600 Euros depending upon the length of the delay and distance of your flight.
The table below shows the receivable compensation that you can request for LOT flight delays:
|Length of Delay||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|3+ hours||less than 1500 km||250€ (approx. $280)|
|Between 1500 km to 3500 km||400€ (approx. $450)|
|more than 1500 km (within EU)||400€ (approx. $450)|
|3 to 4 hours||3500+ km (EU to Non-EU flight)||300€ (approx. $340)||4+ hours||3500+ km (EU to Non-EU flight)||600€ (approx. $680)|
*the amount may get reduced by 50%, i.e., 300€, for a distance over 3500 km, but when EU borders were not crossed.
LOT Airlines departure delays
If your flight delays at the departure for more than 2 hours, you are entitled to “Right to Care” assistance i.e., …
- free meals and refreshments
- access to 2 free phone calls, email or fax
If your flight was delayed for more than five hours,
- you can request a refund of ticket cost
- hotel accommodation and transport facility (for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary)
LOT Polish Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation
Flight cancellation is one of the most frustrating experiences for any air traveler especially when you were informed by the last minute.
Under EC Regulation 261, If LOT Polish Airlines flight gets canceled without prior notice of at least 14 days, you could be eligible for compensation or a refund.
When can you claim compensation for LOT cancelled flight?
Under EU law, you could claim compensation for LOT flight cancellations, under the following conditions …
- you were informed about flight cancellations less than 14 days prior to departure
- the flights’ departure was from the EU airport, or arrival was to an EU airport, and
- the reason behind it was the airlines’ fault, and not due to exceptional circumstances.
These are the two options available for you to choose from…
- apply for a refund, or
- ask for an alternative flight
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation.
You can claim between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- the length of delay, and
- route distance
When can I ask for a refund for LOT flight delays or cancellations?
There are two different scenarios in which you may request a refund:
- flight was delayed at the departure for more than 5 hours and you do not wish to travel
- flight was cancelled without prior notice of at least 14 days, and the alternate transportation wasn’t convenient, and you were unwilling to travel
Whereas, in both the above cases, If you travelled and reached the final destination with a delay of more than 3 hours, you could claim compensation.
Am I eligible for LOT flight compensation?
Missed your connecting flight with LOT Polish Airlines?
It is possible for air travelers to miss their connecting flight due to delays, cancellations, or denied boarding. In such situations, you could be eligible for compensation.
In order to claim compensation for missed connecting flights, it is necessary that you booked the entire journey under one booking reference.
Under EC261 Regulation, you could be entitled to compensation if …
- the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a problem on your first flight, and
- delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
LOT Airlines Overbooked Flight Compensation
If you were denied boarding due to overselling of the flight tickets, you could be eligible to claim compensation up to 600€.
To claim for overbooked flight compensation,
- your departure or arrival airport should have been into EU member states
Can you claim when it's bad weather?
These are known as ‘extraordinary circumstances’ which includes
- air traffic control strikes
- unavoidable security risks
- acts of god
How to claim compensation for LOT Airlines flight delays or cancellations?
We are specialized in helping air passengers getting their compensation from the airline.
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some further flight information, and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf in front of the airline, or court (if required).
- On a successful claim, we charge a success fee of 25% + VAT (VAT not applicable to non-EU residents).
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today !
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
About LOT Polish Airlines
LOT Polish Airlines is the flag carrier of Poland. The headquarters of this airline is located in Warsaw, Poland.
LOT Polish Airlines is considered as one of the oldest airlines in the world. It was established in 1928 by the Government of Poland.
The IATA code of LOT Polish Airlines is LO and the ICAO code is LOT.
LOT Airlines hub is located at Warsaw Chopin Airport and Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport. The first flight of LOT Polish Airlines was from Bydgoszcz and Katowice in 1929.
In 1931, the crane and Gronowski’s logo was declared as the official logo which is embossed on the aircraft as well.
LOT Charters, LOT Flight Academy and Nordica are its subsidiaries. LOT Airlines also joined the Star Alliance in 2003.
Fleet Size and Destinations
LOT Polish Airlines operates 82 fleets and ordered 44 fleets, as of March 2020. The airlines fly to over 120 destinations across Europe, Asia, and North America.
The following are some of the major destinations of LOT Polish Airlines:
|Poland||Bydgoszcz, Rzeszów, Gdańsk, Katowice, Kraków, Lublin, Olsztyn, Poznań, Szczecin, Warsaw, Wrocław, Zielona Góra|
|Germany||Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Nuremberg, Stuttgart|
|United States||Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, New York City|
|Ukraine||Kharkiv, Kyiv, Lviv, Odessa, Zaporizhia|
|Russia||Kaliningrad, Moscow, Saint Petersburg|
|Sweden||Gothenburg, Örebro, Stockholm|
LOT Polish Airlines check-in facility
Online check-in: Air passengers can check-in online using the LOT Polish Airlines web check-in service. You need to enter your name, reservation or ticket number, once the details are entered then you will easily collect your boarding pass either by print or you can send it to your mobile by text message.
This service opens 36 hours prior to the scheduled departure and closes 120 minutes before take-off.
LOT Polish Airlines baggage allowance policy
|Ticket Type||Hand Baggage||Max. Size||Max. Weight|
|LOT Business Class||2 Items||55 x 40 x 23 cm||Each upto 9kg|
|LOT Premium Economy Class (Intercontinental Flights)||2 Items||Both upto 12kg (1 piece max. 8 kg)|
|LOT Premium Economy Class (International Flights)||1 Item||upto 8kg|
|LOT Economy Class||1 Item||upto 8kg|
|LOT Economy Saver||1 Item||upto 8kg|
|Destinations||LOT Business Class||LOT Premium Economy||LOT Economy Class (Standard, Flex)||LOT Economy Saver|
|Domestic flights||–||–||1 Item up to 23 kg||–|
(Europe and Middle East)
|2 Items up to 32 kg each||2 Items up to 23 kg each||1 Item up to 23 kg||–|
(USA, Canada, Kazakhstan, India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, South Korea, Japan )
|3 Items up to 32 kg each||2 Items up to 23 kg each||1 Item up to 23 kg each||–|
(Some Europe, Middle East and Asian Countries)
|3 Items up to 32 kg each||2 Items up to 23 kg each||2 Items up to 23 kg each||–|
LOT Polish Airlines Reviews
In terms of airline review, Skytrax has rated LOT Polish Airlines an average of 5 stars out of 10 based on 490 customer reviews as of April 07, 2020, for its customer services and performance.
Customers have rated 3 of 5 stars for its Food & Beverages, Seat Comfort, Value for Money and Staff Service, and 2 of 5 stars for In-flight entertainment.
Before you leave, we have some interesting topics that might be interesting for you to read.
International Legal Strategist