Wizz Air Flight Delay or Cancellation Compensation
Flight delays or cancellations are misfortunate, but it may happen. Did you know that you might be able to receive compensation for your flight disruption?
Under EU law, if you have ever experienced Wizz Air flight delays or cancellations, you could be eligible for financial compensation of up to 600€.
Continue reading this guide to know further about your passenger rights in situations like Wizz Air flight delays, cancellations, or denied boarding.
We at Claim Flights help you to find out whether you are eligible for compensation or not.
Find out how much Wizz Air owes you
Table of Content
Wizz Air Compensation for a Delayed Flight
Whereas, to be eligible for Wizz Air flight delay compensation …
- the flight reached the final destination with a delay of more than three hours
- the flight should have been departed from EU airport or landed at EU airport
- and, the cause of delay shouldn’t be due to extraordinary circumstances
What to do when your Wizz Air flight is delayed?
- ☛ ask the airline for the reason behind it
- ☛ get a confirmation of it, in writing
- ☛ note the actual arrival time when you landed
- ☛ collect evidence (e.g. boarding pass, voucher, receipts, etc)
- ☛ check if you are eligible for compensation
- ☛ assign us your case for a hassle-free claim
How much can I claim for Wizz Air’s delayed flight?
The table below shows the receivable compensation that you can request for Wizz Air delay claim:
|Length of Delay||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|3+ hours||less than 1500 km||250€ (approx. $280)|
|Between 1500 km to 3500 km||400€ (approx. $450)|
|more than 1500 km (within EU)||400€ (approx. $450)|
|3 to 4 hours||3500+ km (EU to Non-EU flight)||300€ (approx. $340)|
|4+ hours||3500+ km (EU to Non-EU flight)||600€ (approx. $680)|
*the amount may get reduced by 50%, i.e., 300€, for a distance over 3500 km, but when EU borders were not crossed.
Calculate how much you are entitled to?
What if Wizz Air flight delays at departure?
Here’s what the airline should give you if your flight delays at departure …
- free meals and refreshments
- access to 2 free phone calls, email or fax
- you can request a refund of ticket cost
- hotel accommodation and transport facility (for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary)
Wizz Air cancellation compensation
If your Wizz Air flight has been canceled without prior notice of 2 weeks then you may be able to claim Wizz Air flight cancellation compensation or a refund.
When can you claim Wizz Air canceled flight compensation?
- you were informed about flight cancellations less than 14 days prior to departure
- the flights’ departure was from the EU airport, or arrival was to an EU airport, and
- the reason behind it was the airlines’ fault, and not due to exceptional circumstances.
- apply for a refund, or
- ask for an alternative flight
You can claim between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- the length of delay, and
- route distance
Can I get compensation for a Wizz Air canceled flight?
How much can I claim for Wizz Air canceled flight?
Do I have any rights for missed connecting flights?
In order to claim compensation for missed connecting flights, it is necessary that you booked the entire journey under one booking reference.
- the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a problem on your first flight, and
- delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
Wizz Air overbooked flight compensation
- you have presented yourself on time for check-in, and
- you have a valid flight reservation and travel documentation, and
- you didn’t voluntarily give up your seat
- you reached the destination later than three hours
Alternatively, you can ask for a refund of the ticket cost (which should be credited in the next 7 working days), if you are not willing to travel.
Am I eligible for Wizz Air delayed flight claim?
The following table states that you can claim for flights departed from an airport located in the EU Member States (with any airline), or arrived at an airport located in the EU Member States with an EU regulated airline.
Here’s the table below to summarize, if you can claim under EU law, based on your origina and final destination:
|Origin and Destination||EU-regulated Airline||Non-EU regulated Airline|
|EU ✈ EU||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|EU ✈ Non-EU||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Non-EU ✈ EU||✅ Yes||❌ No|
|Non-EU ✈ Non-EU||❌ No||❌ No|
Can I claim for Wizz Air flight delays or cancellations due to extraordinary circumstances?
Examples of extraordinary circumstances include:
- Bad weather (i.e. snowstorms, windstorms, low visibility)
- Strikes of the airport personnel and union strikes
- Bird strikes
- Air traffic control restrictions
- Political and civil unrest
How to claim Wizz Air flight compensation?
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some further flight information, and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf in front of the airline, or court (if required).
- On a successful claim, we charge a success fee of 25% + VAT (VAT not applicable to non-EU residents).
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today !
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
About Wizz Air
As of 2018, the airline has its largest base at Budapest Airport with over 60 destinations and in 2019 the airline carried 39.8 million passengers.
Fleet Size and Destinations
|Germany||Berlin, Bremen, Cologne/Bonn, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Friedrichshafen, Hahn, Hamburg, Hanover, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden, Leipzig/Halle (Saale), Memmingen, Nuremberg|
|Spain||Alicante, Barcelona, Castellón de la Plana, Fuerteventura, Ibiza, Madrid, Málaga, Palma de Mallorca, Santander, Tenerife, Valencia, Zaragoza|
|Italy||Alghero, Bari, Bergamo, Bologna, Catania, Lamezia Terme, Milan, Naples, Pisa, Rome, Treviso, Turin, Verona|
|Norway||Alesund, Bergen, Bodo, Haugesund, Kristiansand, Molde, Oslo, Sandefjord, Stavanger, Trondheim, Tromso|
|Romania||Bucharest, Craiova, Cluj-Napoca, Constanța, Iași, Satu Mare, Sibiu, Suceava, Târgu Mureş, Timișoara|
|United Kingdom||Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Doncaster/Sheffield, Glasgow, Liverpool, London|
|Poland||Gdańsk, Katowice, Krakow, Lublin, Olsztyn, Poznań, Szczecin, Warsaw, Wroclaw|
|Greece||Athens, Corfu, Heraklion, Rhodes, Thessaloniki, Zakynthos|
|France||Beauvais, Bordeaux, Grenoble, Nice, Lyon, Paris|
|Russia||Kazan, Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Voronezh|
|Ukraine||Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Zaporizhia|
|Sweden||Gothenburg, Stockholm, Växjö|
|Slovakia||Bratislava, Košice, Poprad|
|Lithuania||Kaunas, Palanga, Vilnius|
|Bulgaria||Burgas, Sofia, Varna|
|Portugal||Faro, Lisbon, Porto|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Sarajevo, Tuzla|
|Israel||Eilat, Tel Aviv|
|North Macedonia||Ohrid, Skopje|
|United Arab Emirates||Dubai|
Wizz Air Baggage Policy
|Hand Baggage||Max. Size||Max. Weight|
|1 Bag||40 x 30 x 20 cm||10kg|
|Check-In Baggage (Paid)|
|Checked Baggage||Max. Size||Max. Weight|
|1 Bag||149 x 119 x 171 cm||10kg|
|2 Bag||149 x 119 x 171 cm||20kg|
|3 Bag||149 x 119 x 171 cm||32kg|
Wizz Air Review
Customers have rated 2 of 5 stars for its Food & Beverages, Seat Comfort, Value for Money, and 3 of 5 stars for Staff Service. Customers usually complain about In-flight entertainment service.
Wizz Air Contact Information:
- ✈ Website: Wizz Air
- ✈ Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ✈ Customer Service: 0330 977 0444
International Legal Strategist
Choose your Choice to Claim Compensation
Here we have compared 3 different ways to claim compensation: