Flight Delays and Cancellations at Dusseldorf Airport
At Dusseldorf Airport it may happen that sometimes your flight is canceled or delayed at the airport. However, Many Passengers do not know they are eligible for compensation up to 600€ under EU law for such mishaps.
On this page, you will find information about how to deal with flight delays or flight cancellations at Dusseldorf aIrport.
Enter your flight details and check how much you can claim.
Table of Content
Right to compensation for Dusseldorf flight delays or cancellations
If you are affected by the flight delays or flight cancellations at Dusseldorf Airport, don’t worry you might be eligible to get compensation up to 600€.
Furthermore, inconvenience due to overbooking, missed connecting flight due to delay or cancellation, or if flight route changes, are some other problems under which you can ask for compensation.
We here at ClaimFlights will help you find out whether you are eligible for compensation, and how much you can claim.
Check how much you can claim using our free flight compensation calculator. Provide some basic details such as flight number, flight date, and the reason behind the inconvenience and file a claim.
How much can you claim?
Flight Delays at Dusseldorf Airport – What to do?
- ☛ Ask the airline for the reason behind it
- ☛ Get confirmation in writing from the airlines’ customer service
- ☛ Note the actual arrival time, when your flight landed at the final destination
- ☛ Collect additional evidence (e.g. photos, boarding pass, receipts, etc.)
- ☛ Check if you are eligible for compensation
- ☛ Assign us with your case for a hassle-free claim
Passenger Rights under EU 261 Rule
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, air passengers are entitled to compensation or refund from the airlines, if the airline was responsible for …
- ➤ flight delays: if you reached the final destination with later than 3 hours.
- ➤ flight cancellations: if you were informed about flight cancellation without any prior notice.
- ➤ denied boarding: if you were denied boarding due to overbooking.
- ➤ missed connecting flight: if you missed your connecting flight due to delay or cancellation of your first flight, and reached later than 3 hours at the final destination.
Dusseldorf Airport flight delays
For Dusseldorf flight delays of more than three hours, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ under EU law EC 261.
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, you are entitled to financial compensation or refund for longer flight delays.
You may be eligible for compensation if …
- You reached the final destination later than 3 hours
- You have been departed from or arrived at, Dusseldorf Airport
- And, the delay was not due to extraordinary circumstances
How much can you claim for Dusseldorf Airport delays?
For flight delays over three hours on arrivals, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ (or £510).
The amount of compensation varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
The table below clarifies how much you can claim for Dusseldorf’s delayed flight.
|Origin and Destination||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|Within EU||Less than 1500 km||250€|
|Over 1500 km||400€|
|Between EU Airport – Non EU Airport||Less than 1500km||250€|
|Between 1500 to 3500 km||400€|
|Over 3500 km||600€|
What are the rights for Dusseldorf Airport departure delays?
When the flight delays for more than 2 hours, the airline must offer you …
- free meals and refreshments
- access to 2 free phone calls, email or fax
For flight delays of more than 5 hours
- You should be re-routed to the earliest available flight. Alternatively, if you were not willing to travel, you can ask for a refund.
- For an overnight delay or when stay becomes necessary, hotel accommodation and transport facility is the airlines’ responsibility.
Dusseldorf Airport Flight Cancellations
If you were informed about flight cancellations without prior notice of at least 14 days, you can either apply for a refund, or you may ask for an alternate flight.
You can claim compensation between 125€ and 600€ depending upon ….
- days you were informed before
- the length of delay, and
- route distance
If the flight to, or at, Dusseldorf Airport was canceled, you have two options to choose from …
- apply for a refund, or
- ask for an alternative flight
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law.
Whereas, for flight cancellation due to extraordinary circumstances, you could not claim compensation.
How much compensation for a canceled flight?
Missed Flight Connection
You may be entitled to Ryanair missed connecting flight compensation under the European Union Regulation EC 261, if …
- the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a delay or cancellation of your first flight, and
- the delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
You could claim up to 600€ for a missed flight. Whereas, in order to be eligible for compensation you must satisfy the above criteria.
How to claim compensation for Dusseldorf flight delays?
We are specialized in helping air passengers receive compensation from the airline company.
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some flight information and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf by representing you in front of the airline.
- After checking the details and cause of the delay or cancellation, we will take care of the whole process.
- If we do get your compensation, we charge a success fee of 25% + VAT. (Note: No VAT for non-EU residents)
- Don’t be late, claim for your Dusseldorf airport delays today.
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
Let us fight for your rights
Useful Information On Dusseldorf Airport
Dusseldorf Airport is located in Düsseldorf-Lohausen. It is the largest airport in North-Rhine Westphalia and is the third-largest airport in Germany after Frankfurt and Munich. It has heavy air traffic and around 65 airlines operate through the airport to numerous destinations.
IATA & ICAO Code
The IATA code of Dusseldorf Airport is “DUS” and the ICAO code is “EDDL”.
Dusseldorf Airport Terminal
The Airport has mainly three terminals, all of it are connected by the central spine.
Terminal A: It is used by Lufthansa and Eurowings Airlines partners and Star Alliance Members. It includes All Nippon Airways, Air China, Austrian Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, TAP Portugal, and Swiss International Air Lines.
Terminal B: It is used for domestic and European flights. For Star Alliance, SkyTeam and Oneworld members such as Aegean Airlines, Alitalia, British Airways, KLM, Finnair, Iberia, and Air France.
Terminal C: It is mainly used for non-European flights such as Delta Air Lines, Emirates, Etihad Airways, and Mahan Air.
Dusseldorf Airport News
Get all the latest news or updates on scheduled flights, Dusseldorf arrivals, and departures, etc., on their official website here.
Dusseldorf Airport Weather Delays
Mainly the reason behind Dusseldorf Airport delays is extreme weather or air traffic congestion. In such bad weather conditions, or when it’s not your fault you should check your flight’s status and speak to your airline crew, or alternatively look for your rights.
If you have any further questions to determine whether you can claim or not, read the following guides.