Eurowings flight delays or cancellations
Was your Eurowings flight delayed or canceled? Don’t stress much! You could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ ($700) for flight delays and cancellations under European Regulation EC 261.
Whereas to be eligible for compensation under EU law, you must have departed or arrived at an EU airport, and the flight must have been delayed for more than three hours at the final destination.
Check if you are eligible to claim, and how much you can claim using our flight delay compensation calculator. Find it in just 2 minutes and proceed to claim on a ‘No win No fee’ basis.
Find out if you are eligible for compensation
Table of Content
Eurowings Passengers’ Right to Compensation
Here is all you need to know about your right to compensation under EU 261 rule for Eurowings flight delay and cancellation.
You may be eligible for compensation if …
- your flight was delayed for more than 3 hours
- the delay was on arrivals i.e., at the final destination
- you were departed from the EU airport or landed at the EU airport
- the delay was not due to any extraordinary circumstances
The amount of compensation varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
Let’s read further to understand it in detail about when to claim, how to claim, and how much to claim for Eurowings delayed flight.
Eurowings flight delay compensation
For Eurowings flight delays of more than three hours at the final destination, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ under EU law.
You are eligible for plane delay compensation if …
- your Eurowings flight was delayed for 3 or more hours on arrivals, i.e., at the final destination
- you were departed from EU airport or landed at an EU airport
- and, the delay was not due to extraordinary circumstances
Note: Extraordinary circumstances are beyond the control of the airlines, such as extreme weather, Tsunami, Coronavirus, or some ‘Act of God’. As the airlines are not responsible for disruptions caused due to such circumstances, thus you could not claim.
How much can you claim for Eurowings flight delays?
The amount of compensation varies from 250€ to 600€. It depends upon the route distance and the length of the delay.
The table below clarifies how much you can claim for Eurowings’ delayed flight.
|Claim amount||Route distance||Length of delay|
|250€||less than 1500 km||3+ hours|
|400€||between 1500 km to 3500 km||3+ hours|
|600€ *||more than 3500 km||4+ hours (EU borders were crossed)|
Eurowings departure delays
If your Eurowings flight was delayed to depart over two hours, you are entitled to ‘right to care’ assistance.
The airline must offer you …
- free meals and refreshments
- access to 2 free phone calls, email or fax
If your Eurowings flight was delayed for more than five hours during departure …
- you should be re-routed to the earliest available flight. Alternatively, you can ask for a refund of the ticket cost (which should be credited within 7 working days), if you were unwilling to travel
- You can ask for hotel accommodation, and transport facility between the airport and hotel for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary
In addition to it, you are also eligible for compensation, if you reached the final destination later than three hours than the scheduled arrival time.
What should you do when your Eurowings flight is delayed?
- ☛ Ask the airline for the reason behind flight disruption
- ☛ Get confirmation in writing from the airlines’ customer service
- ☛ Note the actual arrival time, when your flight was landed
- ☛ Keep your travel documents with you (e.g. flight ticket, boarding pass, receipts, etc.)
- ☛ Check if you are eligible for compensation
- ☛ Assign us your case for a hassle-free claim
- ☛ Or, contact the airline directly to claim on your own
Was your Eurowings Flight Delayed?
Eurowings canceled flight compensation
If you experience Eurowings flight cancellations, you could be eligible for compensation under European Regulation EC 261/2004.
The amount of compensation for a canceled flight is between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- the length of delay, and
- route distance
If Eurowings canceled your flight without prior notice of at least 14 days, you could be entitled to compensation or refund.
If Eurowings’s flight was canceled, you have two options to choose from …
- apply for a refund, or
- ask for an alternative flight
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law.
Whereas, for flight cancellation due to extraordinary circumstances, you could not claim compensation.
How much can I claim for flight cancellations?
Missed your connecting flight with Eurowings, how does it work?
You may be entitled to Eurowings missed connecting flight compensation under the European Union Regulation EC 261, if …
- the entire journey was booked under one booking reference
- and, the delay at the final destination was more than three hours
You could claim up to 600€ for a missed flight. Whereas, in order to be eligible for compensation you must satisfy the above criteria.
Eurowings overbooking compensation
If you were denied boarding due to overbooking, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law.
Whereas to claim compensation …
- it is necessary for you to not give up your seat voluntarily in exchange for some vouchers,
- you presented yourself at the airport on time
- you had all the travel documents
- the departure or arrival airport belongs to the EU member states
In case, you were offered an alternate flight of your choice but reached the destination later than two hours, you could ask for compensation.
How to claim compensation for Eurowings delayed flight?
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some further flight information, and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf, also take legal action if required
- Once we receive compensation, we charge a success fee of 25% + VAT (no VAT for non-EU residents).
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today !
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
Assign us your claim and let us fight for your rights
Useful information about Eurowings Airlines
Back in 1997, Germanwings was a division of the Eurowings. However, later in 2008, it came under the Lufthansa Group and now operates as Eurowings.
Fleet Size and Destinations
The airline has a fleet of 149 aircraft which serves 20 domestic and 128 international destinations in 42 countries.
Following are the famous destinations that Eurowings Airlines flies to:
|Germany||Freiburg, Berlin, Cologne/Bonn, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Heringsdorf, Karlsruhe, Leipzig, Munich, Nuremberg, Saarbrücken, Stuttgart, Weeze|
|United Kingdom||Birmingham, Cardiff, East Midlands, Edinburgh, London, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Newquay|
|Italy||Bari, Cagliari, Catania, Lamezia Terme, Milan, Naples, Olbia, Rome, Venice, Verona|
|United States||Anchorage, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Miami, Newark, New York City, Phoenix|
|Spain||Alicante, Barcelona, Bilbao, Lanzarote, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia|
|Croatia||Dubrovnik, Osijek, Pula, Rijeka, Split, Zadar, Zagreb|
|France||Mulhouse, Lyon, Montpellier, Nice, Paris, Toulouse|
|Poland||Krakow, Poznań, Warsaw, Wroclaw|
|Austria||Klagenfurt, Salzburg, Vienna|
|Switzerland||Basel, Geneva, Zürich|
|Channel Islands||Guernsey, Jersey|
|Dominican Republic||Punta Cana|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Mostar|
Eurowings Baggage Policy
|Ticket Type||Hand Baggage||Max. Size||Max. Weight|
|Basic||1 Bag||55 x 40 x 23 cm||8kg|
|Smart||1 Bag||55 x 40 x 23 cm||8kg|
|Best||2 Bag||55 x 40 x 23 cm||8kg|
- Each passenger may carry on board a further small item of hand luggage, not exceeding 40 x 30 x 10 cm (e.g. laptop bag, handbag, briefcase, folder satchel, etc.
- Folding garment bags are considered hand luggage up to a size of 57 x 54 x 15 cm.
|Ticket Type||Hand Baggage||Max. Weight|
|Smart Fare||1 Bag||23 kg|
|Best Fare||2 Bag|
|BIZclass Fare||2 Bag||32 kg|
Eurowings Ticket Cancellation Policy
Only if you have booked your ticket under the Flex option, you can cancel your ticket on the same day of departure before online check-in closes with no extra charge.
If you have booked your ticket through some other fare, you cannot cancel your booking due to the airline’s low-cost price.
Eurowings Airlines have been rated 3 out of 10 stars by Skytrax reviewed by more than 334 air passengers as of March 2020. SkyTrax rates airlines based upon their quality, performance, and services.
In terms of on-board services, Eurowings air passengers gave 2 stars out of 5 for inflight entertainment, food & beverages, seat comfort, and for their staff service.
Before you leave, we have some interesting topics that might be interesting for you to read.
International Legal Strategist