Virgin Atlantic Flight Delay Compensation
Was your Virgin Atlantic flight delayed, canceled, or overbooked? Do you know, you could be entitled to compensation or refund for flight delay, cancellation, or overbooking.
Under EU Regulation 261/2004, you could be eligible for financial compensation or refund for flight delays, cancellations, and denied boarding.
The amount of compensation is up to 600€ ($700).
We at ClaimFlights, help passengers to claim compensation for flight disruption and cancellations.
Here is a guide on Virgin Atlantic flight delay compensation.
Enter your flight details and check how much you can claim
Jump Straight to the Topic:
Virgin Atlantic flight delays
Flight delays are complicated to avoid. It can be due to different reasons. Extreme weather, heavy air traffic are some of them.
To give you some relief, for Virgin Atlantic flight delays you could be eligible for compensation under EU law EC 261.
Perhaps, there are few conditions that determine whether you are eligible or not.
Under EU law, you could be entitled to flight delay compensation if …
- your flight landed at the final destination with a delay of more than three hours
- your flight should have been departed from EU airport or landed at EU airport
- and the delay was due to airlines’ fault and not due to extraordinary circumstances
What should you do when your Virgin Atlantic flight is delayed?
- ask the airlines’ for the reason behind it
- get a confirmation of flight delay in writing
- collect evidence (e.g. flight itinerary, boarding pass, timetable board showing hours of delay, etc)
- correctly note down the actual departure and arrival time
- check how much you can claim using our flight delay compensation checker
- claim up to 600€ (write a letter to the airline company, or assign us your case for a hassle-free claim)
How much can you claim for your Virgin Atlantic delayed flight?
The amount of EU compensation varies from 250€ to 600€. It depends upon the route distance and the length of the delay.
The table below clarifies how much you can claim for Virgin Atlantic delayed flight …
|Length of Delay||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|3+ hours||less than 1500 km||250€ (approx. $280)|
|Between 1500 km to 3500 km||400€ (approx. $450)|
|more than 1500 km (within EU)||400€ (approx. $450)|
|3 to 4 hours||3500+ km (EU to Non-EU flight)||300€ (approx. $340)||4+ hours||3500+ km (EU to Non-EU flight)||600€ (approx. $680)|
*The amount of compensation may get reduced by 50%, i.e., 300€, for flight distance over 3500 km, but when EU borders were not crossed.
Calculate how much Virgin Atlantic owes you?
Virgin Atlantic departure delays
If your flight was delayed at the departure for more than 2 hours, you are entitled to “right to care”.
Here’s what the airline should assist you with if your flight delays at departure.
For 2+ hours departure delays, you are entitled to …
- free meals and refreshments
- access to 2 free phone calls, email or fax
For 5+ hours departure delays,
- you can request a refund
- hotel accommodation and transport facility for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary
In addition to it, you are also eligible for compensation, if you reached your final destination three hours later than the scheduled arrival time.
Virgin Atlantic cancellation compensation
It may happen that airlines could cancel their flight due to some reasons. The most recent cause was Coronavirus for many flight cancellations, which couldn’t have been avoided.
But, you must know if your flight was canceled due to airlines’ responsibility, you could claim compensation or refund under EU Regulation EC 261 of 2004.
If Virgin Atlantic canceled your flight without prior notice of at least 14 days, you could be entitled to canceled flight compensation or refund under EU law.
The amount to claim for canceled flight is between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- length of delay, and
- route distance
If Virgin Atlantic flight was canceled, you have two options to choose from …
- apply for a refund, or
- ask for an alternative flight
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be entitled to compensation for delayed flight under EU law.
Whereas, for cancellation due to extraordinary circumstances, you could not claim compensation. Extraordinary circumstances are beyond the control of the airlines, such as bad weather conditions, coronavirus, tsunami, etc.
How much can I claim for Virgin Atlantic flight cancellations?
How to claim Virgin Atlantic flight delay compensation?
We are specialized in helping passengers get their compensation from the airline.
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some further flight information, and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf in front of the airline, or court (if required).
- On a successful claim, we charge a success fee of 25% (VAT not applicable to US or non-EU residents).
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
About Virgin Atlantic Airways
Later on, the name changed to Virgin Atlantic. Virgin Atlantic is an airline of the virgin group.
The codeshare agreement allows two or more airlines to share the same flight under its own name. Thus code-share agreement allows Virgin Atlantic Airlines to advertise and sell flight seats of its code-share partners under their flight numbers. It shares code-share agreements with Aeroméxico, Air France, Air New Zealand, Delta Air Lines, Gol Transportes Aéreos, KLM, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Australia, WestJet.
Fleet Size & Destinations
As of May 2020, Virgin Atlantic operates 35 mixed fleets of Airbus and Boeing wide-body aircraft which includes 4 Airbus A330-200, 10 Airbus A330-300, 4 Airbus A350-1000, 17 Boeing 787-9.
It operates to destinations in North America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia from its main base at Heathrow, and secondary base at Manchester.
|United States||Boston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, New York, Orlando, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington D.C.|
|United Kingdom||Belfast, Glasgow, London, Manchester|
|United States||Anchorage, Baltimore, Fairbanks, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, New Orleans, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Seattle|
|St. Lucia||Vieux Fort|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|United Arab Emirates||Dubai|
Virgin Atlantic Flight Cancellation Policy
Virgin Atlantic 24 hour cancellation policy allows passengers to cancel the reservation within the required time to claim a full refund on their existing reservation.
Virgin Atlantic cancellation policy 24 hours rule should be applied for the flights originating for the flights to and from the U.S and Canada only.
Virgin Atlantic Reviews & Statistics
Virgin Atlantic Airlines have been rated 5 out of 10 stars, reviewed by more than 767 air passengers as of 10 July 2020 by SkyTrax. SkyTrax – Airline Quality Rating Services rates airlines based upon their performance and customer reviews. In terms of Onboard Services, Inflight Entertainment, Food & Beverages, Value for money, and Seat Comfort and Staff Service, it has 3 of 5 Stars.
More about Virgin Atlantic Airways:
- Website: Virgin Atlantic
- Head Office Address: Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9DF.
- Social Media Links: Facebook | Twitter
Before you go, we have interesting articles that might help you to claim compensation easily.
International Legal Strategist