Charles de Gaulle Airport Flight Delays or Cancelations
At Roissy Airport, it may happen that sometimes your flight is canceled or delayed at the airport. However, Many Passengers do not know they are eligible for compensation up to 600€ under EU law for such mishaps.
Here, you will find information about dealing with flight delays or flight cancellations at Charles de Gaulle airport.
Enter your flight details and check how much you can claim.
Table of Content
Charles de Gaulle Airport flight delays or cancellations
If you are affected by the flight delays or flight cancellations at CDG Airport, worry you might be eligible to get compensation up to 600€.
Furthermore, inconvenience due to overbooking missed connecting flight due to delay or cancellation, or if flight route changes, are some other problems under which you can ask for compensation.
We here at ClaimFlights will help you determine whether you are eligible for compensation and how much you can claim.
Check how much you can claim using our free flight compensation calculator. Provide some necessary details such as flight number, flight date, and the reason behind the inconvenience and file a claim.
How much can you claim?
Flight Delays at Charles de Gaulle Airport – What to do?
- ☛ Ask the airline for the reason behind it
- ☛ Get confirmation in writing from the airlines’ customer service
- ☛ Note the actual arrival time, when your flight landed at the final destination
- ☛ Collect additional evidence (e.g. photos, boarding pass, receipts, etc.)
- ☛ Check if you are eligible for compensation
- ☛ Assign us with your case for a hassle-free claim
Passenger Rights under EU 261 Rule
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, air passengers are entitled to compensation or refund from the airlines, if the airline was responsible for …
- flight delays: if you reached the final destination with later than 3 hours.
- flight cancellations: if you were informed about flight cancellation without any prior notice.
- denied boarding: if you were denied boarding due to overbooking.
- missed connecting flight: if you missed your connecting flight due to delay or cancellation of your first flight, and reached later than 3 hours at the final destination.
Charles de Gaulle Airport flight delays
For Charles de Gaulle flight delays of more than three hours, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ under EU law EC 261.
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, you are entitled to financial compensation or refund for longer flight delays.
When are you entitled to flight compensation?
- You reach the final destination later than 3 hours
- Your flights depart from, or arrives at, Roissy Airport
- And, the delay was not due to extraordinary circumstances
Let’s understand under what circumstances you can claim compensation and when you can ask for a refund.
How much can you claim for Charles de Gaulle Airport delays?
For flight delays over three hours on arrivals, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ (or £510).
The amount of compensation varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
The table below clarifies how much you can claim for Roissy’s Airport delayed flight.
|Origin and Destination||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|Within EU||Less than 1500 km||250€|
|Over 1500 km||400€|
|Between EU Airport – Non EU Airport||Less than 1500km||250€|
|Between 1500 to 3500 km||400€|
|Over 3500 km||600€|
What are the rights for Charles de Gaulle Airport’s departure delays?
When the flight delays for more than 2 hours, the airline must offer you …
- free meals and refreshments
- access to 2 free phone calls, email or fax
For flight delays of more than 5 hours
- You should be re-routed to the earliest available flight. Alternatively, if you were not willing to travel, you can ask for a refund.
- For an overnight delay or when stay becomes necessary, hotel accommodation and transport facility is the airlines’ responsibility.
Charles de Gaulle Airport Flight Cancellations
If you were informed about flight cancellations without prior notice of at least 14 days, you can either apply for a refund or ask for an alternate flight.
You can claim compensation between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- the length of delay, and
- route distance
For Charles de Gaulle Airport canceled flights, you have two options to choose from …
- apply for a refund, or
- ask for an alternative flight
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law.
Whereas, for flight cancellation due to extraordinary circumstances, you could not claim compensation.
How much compensation for a canceled flight?
Missed Flight Connection
You may be entitled to Ryanair missed connecting flight compensation under the European Union Regulation EC 261, if …
- the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a delay or cancellation of your first flight, and
- the delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
You could claim up to 600€ for a missed flight. Whereas, in order to be eligible for compensation you must satisfy the above criteria.
How to claim compensation for Charles de Gaulle’s flight delays?
We are specialized in helping air passengers receive compensation from the airline company.
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some flight information and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf by representing you in front of the airline.
- After checking the details and cause of the delay or cancellation, we will take care of the whole process.
- If we do get your compensation, we charge a success fee of 25% + VAT. (Note: No VAT for non-EU residents)
- Don’t be late. Claim for your airport delays today.
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
Let us fight for your rights
Useful Information On Roissy Airport
Charles de Gaulle Airport is also known as Roissy Airport, and it is the largest international airport in France and the second busiest airport in Europe.
It has a whopping capacity to handle more than 70 million air passengers, making it one of the world’s busiest airports and Europe’s second busiest airport after London Heathrow Airport.
IATA & ICAO Code
The IATA code of Charles de Gaulle Airport is “CDG,” and the ICAO code is “LFPG.”
Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal
It consists of mainly three terminals:
Terminal 1: This Terminal consists of a circular building that provides all the main services to passengers such as baggage claims, check-in counters, shops, Waiting lounge, and Restaurants. It is used by mainly Alliance Members except those who are already using Terminal 2.
Terminal 2: This Terminal is divided into seven sub terminals that are Terminal 2A to Terminal 2G. It is used by Air France, all SkyTeam and Oneworld Airlines, and some of the StarAlliance Members.
Terminal 3: It consists of one single building for arrival and departures, and is used for charter airlines and low-cost carriers.
CDG Airport News
Get all the latest news or updates on scheduled flights, CDG arrivals, departures, etc., on their official website.
CDG Airport Weather Delays
Mainly the reason behind CDG Airport delays is extreme weather or air traffic congestion. In such bad weather conditions, or when it’s not your fault, you should check your flight’s status, speak to your airline crew, or look for your rights.
If you have any further questions to determine whether you can claim or not, read the following guides.
Choose your Choice to Claim Compensation
Here we have compared 3 different ways to claim compensation: