TUIfly Flight Delay Compensation and Cancellation Claim
IIf your TUIfly flight was delayed for more than three hours or canceled without prior notice, you may have the right to compensation under European Regulation EC 261. The amount of compensation is up to 600€ ($700).
Enter your flight details and check how much you can claim
Jump Straight to the Topics
TUIfly Delayed or Cancelled Flights Rights
To protect you and your journey, EU law known as EC 261 has made some rights for air passengers if in case your TUI Airlines flight was delayed or canceled.
We may help you to understand your air passenger rights, and how and when you are eligible to claim TUIfly flight delays or cancellation compensation.
Here is all you need to know to claim compensation of up to 600€ per passenger under the EU 261 rule for flight delays or cancellations.
You may be eligible for flight delay compensation if …
- your flight arrived with a delay of more than 3 hours
- you have been departed from an EU airport
- you arrived at an EU airport with an EU-registered airline
- the delay was not due to any extraordinary circumstances
How much can you claim for flight delays or cancellations?
The amount of compensation to claim varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
The table below shows the amount of compensation that you may receive for TUI fly delayed or canceled flights
(up to 1500 km)
(1501 to 3500 km)
(more than 3500 km)
|e.g., Frankfurt to Madrid||e.g., Frankfurt to Istanbul||e.g., Frankfurt to New York|
* the amount may get reduced by 50%, i.e., you may get up to 300€ for a distance of over 3500 km if EU borders were not crossed.
Looking for the best company to use for flight delay compensation? But confused, who is the cheapest provider among the flight compensation claim companies? We have made a price comparison that helps you find the best flight delay compensation company to claim.
Your Flight Has Been Delayed or Canceled. What Should You Do?
Ask a reason for the delay
Note Arrival Time
Collect evidence such as pictures of arrival board, boarding pass, receipts, etc., to prove the delay.
Claim Money Back
Assign us your case for a hassle-free claim (we work on a "No Win – No Fee" basis) and Sit Back & Relax.
Passenger Rights under EU 261 Rule
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, air passengers are entitled to compensation or refund from the airlines for long flight delays, cancellations, and denied boarding due to overbooking.
In these cases, you can claim financial compensation, if the airline was responsible for …
- ☛flight delays: if you reached the final destination with more than 3 hours delay.
- ☛flight cancellations: if you were informed about flight cancellation without any prior notice of at least 0 to 14 days of departure.
- ☛overbooking: if you were denied boarding your flight due to overselling of flight tickets.
- ☛missed connection: if you missed your connecting flight due to a delay or cancellation of your first flight, and reached later than 3 hours at the final destination.
Whereas, if the flight disruptions were caused due to some extraordinary circumstances there is no compensation.
Examples of such circumstances include security threats, strikes, tsunamis, extreme bad weather conditions, or any ‘Act of God’.
To read more about your right to reimbursement, continue reading EC261 – EU air passenger rights.
TUIfly Flight delay compensation rights
Under EU Regulation, you could be entitled to claim compensation for delayed flights up to 600€ per person if the delay exceeds 3 hours and was caused due to airlines’ responsibility.
You are eligible for TUIfly flight delay compensation only if …
✔your flight had 3+ hours delay at the arrival airport, i.e., at the final destination
✔you were departed from EU airport or arrived at EU airport with an EU-registered airline.
Within the EU:
- If you travel up to 1,500 km or less, then you can claim up to 250€
- And over 1,500 km, you can claim up to 400€
Between EU Airport And Non-EU Airport:
- If you travel up to 1,500 km or less, then you can claim up to 250€
- If the distance is between 1,500 – 3,500 km, then you can claim up to 400€
- And if the distance is over 3500 km and the delay goes beyond 4 hours, you can claim financial compensation up to 600€
TUIfly departure delays
If TUIfly flight delays for more than two hours, or for more than 5 hours, air passengers are entitled to ‘Right to Care’ assistance.
For 2+ Hours of Flight Delays
For 5+ Hours of Flight Delays
Hotel accommodation & transport facility for an overnight delay.
Plus, compensation of up to 600 Euros, if you reached your final destination later than three hours.
TUIfly Airlines Flight Cancellation Compensation
If your flight was canceled without prior notice of at least 14 days, you may ask for flight cancellation compensation or get a full flight refund.
There are two options available for you to choose from …
- You can either apply for a ticket refund, or
- You may ask for a change of flight or an alternate flight.
If your alternate or replacement flight gets delayed beyond the scheduled flight arrival time, you are entitled to get TUIfly flight cancellation compensation.
The amount varies between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- length of delay, and
- route distance
In most cases, TUI Airlines flight cancellations happen at the last minute of the departure, Thus, you have valid reasons to claim compensation for canceled flights. Only if the cancellation was not caused due to extraordinary circumstances such as bad weather, bird strikes, An air traffic control strike, etc.
TUIfly Airlines denied boarding rights
If you were denied boarding, you may be eligible for compensation under the European Regulation EC261 up to 600€ if …
- you have presented yourself on time for check-in, and
- you have a valid flight reservation and travel documentation, and
- you were denied boarding due to overbooking (overselling of flight tickets), and
- you didn’t voluntarily give up your seat
If you were denied to board the flight due to overbooking, you should be re-routed to the earliest available flight.
Alternatively, you can ask for a refund of the ticket cost (which should be credited in the next 7 working days), if you are not willing to travel.
If you had been stranded at the airport for your replacement flight, it’s your right to ask for free:
- meals and refreshments
- 2 calls, email or fax service
- hotel accommodation and transport facility (for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary)
TUIfly missed connecting flight rights
In order to claim compensation for missed flight connections due to delays or cancellations as per European laws, the passenger must book the entire journey under one ticket or one booking reference.
You may be eligible for missed flight compensation up to 600€ under the European Union Regulation EC261, if …
- →the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a problem on your first flight, and
- →the delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
Am I eligible to claim flight delay or cancellation compensation?
EC Regulation 261/2004 is a European law, it applies to EU airspace. You do not have to be an EU citizen to claim delayed or canceled flight compensation.
It states that you can claim for flights departing from an airport located in the EU Member States (with any airline), or arriving at an airport located in the EU Member States with an EU-regulated airline.
|Origin and Destination||EU Airline||Non-EU Airline|
|EU ✈ EU||✅||✅|
|EU ✈ Non-EU||✅||✅|
|Non-EU ✈ EU||✅||❌|
|Non-EU ✈ Non-EU||❌||❌|
Calculate the amount TUIfly airlines owes you
Passengers are often unaware of their rights or privileges and end up claiming a futile amount compared to what they are entitled to receive.
You can fill out our TUIfly flight delay compensation claim form to file your claim with us. All you need to do is enter your flight details and the reason behind the delays or cancellations. Rest our legal experts will handle the process of getting your money back.
At “Claim Flights” we facilitate a free flight delay compensation calculator. It helps you to calculate the amount that you can demand from the airline.
You can check for free the amount TUIfly owes you.
How to proceed with your claim?
Gather proof of flight disruption
- get a confirmation in writing from the airlines
- take photos of the flight information board
- gather contact details of co-passengers (who can act as a witness)
Keep your documents ready
- flight documents (flight ticket, boarding pass)
- receipts or bills of additional costs (e.g. taxi, food & meals, and accommodation)
- enter your flight details
- know the amount to claim (if you have any questions, read this guide)
- fill the claim form (doesn’t take more than 2 minutes)
- you can choose “Claim Flights” to enforce your rights
How to claim compensation from TUIfly?
In general, when passengers approach the airline, they were excused with reasons such as ‘extraordinary circumstances’, thus no compensation.
But, we know the actual reason behind the flight disruptions and help you with your canceled or delayed flight compensation claim.
To proceed with your claim, check your flight in our compensation checker tool.
All you have to do is provide us with your flight number, date of journey, and some further information.
If you further decide to claim through us, provide us with your personal details and assign us by signing the digital contract.
We work on a “No Win = No Fee” basis. You don’t need to pay anything if we are not successful. You will not have financial risk. You pay only if we get money.
Our claim experts will work with various other teams to collect data so that everything goes smoothly.
Our claim experts have access to flight information such as the time by which the flight was delayed, the reason behind it, flight departure and arrival time, etc. making us more likely to win the compensation.
Don’t be late, claim your rights today!
Why choose “ClaimFlights”?
No win = No fee
Success Fee 25%
No Legal Action Fee
Close to 100% Success
You may be interested to read the articles below
How much compensation can I get for a delayed flight?
A plane delay occurs, and it is a common thing for air travelers. But, it is important to know your rights in case you face one....
What are my rights in the event of flight cancellation?
Flight cancellations can put any passenger in distress, which leads to travel plans in suffering and the consequences could be serious.....
Choose your Choice to Claim Compensation
Here we have compared 3 different ways to claim compensation: