SunExpress flight delays or cancellations
For SunExpress flight delays or cancellations, you may be entitled to compensation of up to 600€ under EC Regulation 261/2004.
We can claim compensation on behalf of you. On a successful claim, we charge 25% success fee + VAT (no VAT for residents outside of EU)
Check if you are eligible for compensation
Table of Content
SunExpress air passengers’ right to compensation
Air traveling is not as easy as we think. For some unknown reason, a flight may get cancelled or delayed. Did you know that in this case, you may be eligible to claim compensation of up to 600€.
This is possible due to EC Regulation 261/2004, which protects the air passengers from such mishaps. Was your SunExpress flight delayed or canceled? Under EU law EC 261, you may be entitled to compensation from airlines.
For SunExpress flight delays of more than three hours at the final destination or flight cancellations without prior notice of at least 2 weeks, you could claim compensation up to 600€ (i.e. up to $700) as per EU 261 rule.
Furthermore, inconvenience due to overbooking, missed connecting flight due to delay or cancellation, or flight route changes, are some other problems under which you can also ask for compensation.
We here at ClaimFlights, take you through all the information you need to know about “When and How to claim compensation?”.
Check how much you can claim using our free flight compensation calculator. Provide some basic details such as SunExpress’s flight number, flight date, and the reason behind the inconvenience and file a claim.
When I am eligible for SunExpress flight delay compensation?
You could claim SunExpress delayed flight compensation under the following conditions…
- you reached the arrival airport later than 3 hours
- the departure or arrival airport belongs to any of the european countries
- and, the delay was not due to any extraordinary circumstances
Note: Extraordinary circumstances are the events beyond the control of the airlines, such as extreme weather, tsunami, coronavirus, or some ‘Act of God’. Thus, you are not eligible to claim.
How much can you claim for SunExpress flight delays?
The amount of compensation varies from 250€ to 600€. It depends upon the route distance and the length of the delay.
The table below explains how much you can claim for SunExpress’s delayed flight.
|Claim amount||Route distance||Length of delay|
|250€||less than 1500 km||3+ hours|
|400€||between 1500 km to 3500 km||3+ hours|
|600€ *||more than 3500 km||4+ hours (EU borders were crossed)|
SunExpress departure delays
If SunExpress’s flight was delayed for more than two hours at the departure airport, air passengers are entitled to ‘right to care’ assistance which includes…
- Free beverages and meals
- 2 free phone calls, email or fax for communication
If your SunExpress flight was delayed for more than five hours at the departure airport, you can ask for…
- refund if you are not want to fly (refund should be credited within 7 working days)
- hotel accommodation and transport facility (for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary)
What to do if the SunExpress flight was delayed?
- ☛ Ask SunExpress airlines representatives for the reason behind flight delays
- ☛ Get confirmation of delays or cancellations in writing from the airlines’ customer service
- ☛ Note the actual arrival time, when your flight was arrived
- ☛ Keep your travel documents with you (e.g. flight ticket, boarding pass, receipts, etc.)
- ☛ Check if you are eligible for compensation
- ☛ Assign us your case for a hassle-free claim
- ☛ Or, contact the airline directly to claim on your own
Was your SunExpress Flight Delayed?
SunExpress Flight Cancellation compensation
SunExpress Airlines can cancel a flight for a number of reasons. If SunExpress Airlines canceled the flight without prior notice of at least 2 weeks, you could be entitled to compensation or refund under EU Regulation 261/2004.
The amount of compensation to be claimed for canceled flight is between 125€ and 600€ depending upon…
- days you were informed before
- the length of delay, and
- route distance
If SunExpress’s flight is canceled, you have two options to choose from…
- apply for a refund, or
- ask for an alternative flight
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law.
Whereas, for flight cancellation due to extraordinary circumstances, you could not claim compensation.
How much can I claim for SunExpress flight cancellations?
SunExpress missed flight connection, how does it work?
You may be entitled to SunExpress missed connecting flight compensation under the European Union Regulation EC 261, if …
- the entire air travel is booked under one booking reference
- and, the delay at the final airport was more than three hours
You could claim up to 600€ for a missed flight. Whereas, in order to be eligible for compensation you must satisfy the above criteria.
Am I eligible for SunExpress overbooking compensation?
Overbooking is a situation in which an airline sells more flight tickets than there are seats on the plane. They are allowed to do this because they know passengers sometimes don’t show up at the airport.
If everyone arrives at the airport then they are forced to leave someone behind. So if you have experienced denied boarding due to overbooking, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law.
Whereas to claim compensation…
- it is necessary for you to not give up your seat voluntarily in exchange for some vouchers,
- the departure or arrival airport belongs to the EU member states
In case, you were offered an alternate flight of your choice but reached the destination later than two hours, you could ask for compensation.
How to claim flight compensation from SunExpress?
- To proceed, check if you are eligible to claim using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some further flight information
- We file a claim on your behalf, also take legal action if required
- Once we receive compensation, we charge a service fee of 25% + VAT (no VAT for non-EU citizens)
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today !
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
Assign us your claim and let us fight for your rights
Useful information about SunExpress
Fleet Size and Destinations
The current fleet size of SunExpress is 65. Using these fleets the airline operates scheduled and chartered flights to more than 90 destinations in 30 countries across Europe, North Africa, the Mediterranean, Black Sea, and Red Sea.
|Turkey||Adana, Ankara, Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Diyarbakır, Edremit, Elazığ, Eskişehir, Erzurum, Gaziantep, Hatay, İzmir, Kars, Kayseri, Konya, Malatya, Ordu, Samsun, Trabzon, Van|
|Germany||Berlin, Bremen, Cologne, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Leipzig, Munich, Münster, Nuremberg, Paderborn, Saarbrücken, Stuttgart|
|Poland||Gdansk, Katowice, Poznan, Warsaw, Wroclaw|
|France||Lyon Saint-Exupery, Marseille, Paris|
|Denmark||Aalborg, Billund, Copenhagen|
|Italy||Lamezia Terme, Milan|
|Egypt||Hurghada, Marsa Alam|
SunExpress Baggage Policy
|Hand Baggage||Max. Size||Max. Weight|
|1 Piece||55 x 40 x 23 cm||8 kg|
|Domestic Flight (Flights within Turkey)|
|Flights from/to Turkey: Antalya, Alanya/Gazipaşa, Bodrum, Dalaman||20 kg||25 kg||30 kg|
|All other destinations in Turkey||30 kg||35 kg||40 kg|
SunExpress Airlines have been rated 5 out of 10 stars by Skytrax reviewed by 32 air passengers as of February 2020. SkyTrax rates airlines based upon their quality, performance, and services.
In terms of on-board services, SunExpress air passengers gave 2 stars out of 5 for inflight entertainment, 3 stars out of 5 for food & beverages, seat comfort, and value for money, 4 stars out of 5 for their staff service.
Before you leave, we have some interesting topics that might be interesting for you to read.
Dr. Mirko C. Ulbrich