Pegasus Airlines Flight Delays or Cancellations
Airlines do everything they can to get you to your desired destination in time. But it doesn’t always work that way. Sometimes it may happen that flights were delayed or cancelled due to uncertain reasons.
Thanks to the EC Regulation, it protects you with compensation and gives you a little relief from such circumstances. Here we are to help you understand when you are entitled to compensation from the airline for flight delays and cancellations.
Find out if you are eligible for compensation
Table of Content
Pegasus Passengers’ Rights to Compensation
Airlines operate hundreds of flights every month but not every flight works according to their schedule. Some flights may get canceled or delayed.
If you booked your flight with Pegasus Airlines and were affected with delays, cancellations, or denied boarding, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law EC 261.
Here is all you need to know when your Pegasus flight was delayed or cancelled. Under EU law, you may have the right to compensation for …
- ➤ flight delays: if you reached the final destination with a delay of more than 3 hours
- ➤ flight cancellations: if your flight was canceled without prior notice of at least 0 to 14 days
- ➤ overbooking: if you were denied to board your flight due to overselling of flight tickets
- ➤ missed connection: if you missed your connecting flight due to delay or cancellation of your first flight, and reached later than 3 hours at the final destination
Pegasus Airlines delayed flight compensation
For Pegasus delayed flights of more than three hours, you could be entitled to compensation up to 600€ under EU law EC 261.
Whereas, essential factors to claim Pegasus flight delay compensation are …
- you reached the final destination later than three hours
- the departure or arrival airport was into EU member states
- and, the disruption was not due to extraordinary circumstances
|Origin and Destination||EU-regulated Airline||Non-EU regulated Airline|
|EU ✈ EU||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|EU ✈ Non-EU||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Non-EU ✈ EU||✅ Yes||❌ No|
|Non-EU ✈ Non-EU||❌ No||❌ No|
How much can you claim for Pegasus flight delays?
The amount of compensation varies from 250€ to 600€. It depends upon the route distance and the length of the delay.
The table below clarifies how much you can claim for Pegasus Airlines’ delayed flight.
|Claim amount||Route distance||Length of delay|
|250€||less than 1500 km||3+ hours|
|400€||between 1500 km to 3500 km||3+ hours|
|600€ *||more than 3500 km||4+ hours (EU borders were crossed)|
Pegasus Airlines departure delays
If Pegasus Airlines’ flight was delayed for more than two hours at the departure airport, air passengers are entitled to ‘right to care’ assistance.
For 2+ hours departure delays, you have the right to ask for …
- free meals and refreshments
- 2 free phone calls, email or fax for communication
If your Pegasus Airlines flight was delayed for more than five hours, you can ask for…
- refund if you are unwilling to fly (refund should be credited within 7 working days)
- hotel accommodation and transportation facility for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary
In addition to it, you are also eligible for compensation, if you reached the final destination later than three hours than the scheduled arrival time.
Was your Pegasus Airlines Flight Delayed?
What should you do when your Pegasus flight delays?
- ☛ Ask the airline for the reason behind flight disruption
- ☛ Get confirmation in writing from the airlines’ customer service
- ☛ Note the actual arrival time, when your flight was landed
- ☛ Keep your air travel documents with you (e.g. flight ticket, boarding pass, etc.)
- ☛ Check if you are eligible for compensation
- ☛ Assign us your case for a hassle-free claim, or contact the airline directly to claim on your own
What to do if Pegasus offers travel vouchers instead of compensation?
Pegasus Airlines Flight Cancellation Compensation
Pegasus Airlines might have to provide you compensation for flight cancellation if you were not informed before 14 days of scheduled departure.
The amount to claim for a canceled flight is between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- the length of delay, and
- route distance
If your flight was canceled, you have two options to choose from …
- apply for a refund, or
- ask for an alternative flight
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law.
Whereas, for flight cancellation due to extraordinary circumstances, you could not claim compensation.
How much can I claim for flight cancellations?
Can I claim compensation from Pegasus Airlines due to bad weather?
Can I cancel my Pegasus Airlines flight ticket and get a refund?
- If there are less than 24 hours left for your flight to depart then a refund claim must be filed within 30 minutes of the original purchase.
- If there are 24 to 72 hours left for your flight to depart then a refund claim must be filed within 60 minutes of the original purchase.
- If there are more than 72 hours left for your flight to depart then a refund claim must be filed within 24 hours of the original purchase.
Pegasus Airlines overbooked flight compensation
If you were denied boarding due to overbooking, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law.
Whereas to claim compensation …
- it is necessary for you to not give up your seat voluntarily in exchange for some vouchers,
- you presented yourself on time at the airport
- the departure or arrival airport belongs to the EU member states
In case, you were offered an alternate flight of your choice but reached the destination later than two hours, you could ask for compensation.
Pegasus Airlines missed connection compensation
You may be entitled to missed connecting flight compensation up to 600€ from Pegasus Airlines under European Union Regulation EC 261, if …
- the entire journey was booked under one booking reference
- and, the delay at the final destination was more than three hours
Can I claim compensation from Pegasus, if I had different citizenship than the EU?
How to claim compensation from Pegasus Airlines?
- First, check if you are eligible to claim using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us your flight details such as flight number, date, etc.
- We prepare and file a claim on behalf of you, also proceed with legal action if required
- Once we receive compensation, we charge a success fee of 25% + VAT (no VAT for non-EU residents).
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today !
Benefits to claim with us – “ClaimFlights”
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
Assign us your claim and let us fight for your rights
Useful information about Pegasus Airlines
Pegasus Airlines is a low-cost airline carrier. It was established in 1989. Its headquarters is located at Istanbul, Turkey.
Pegasus properly started flying in 1989 with the help of two Boeing that is Net and silkar partnered with Aer Lingus.
Now Pegasus is a pure Turkish government airline. In 2005, ESAS owned Pegasus Airlines and now it is in the control of ESAS.
Fleet Size and Destinations
Currently the fleet size of the Pegasus Airlines is 85 and it mostly serves the flights within Turkey but it also flies to many other destinations.
The following are some of the major destinations of Pegasus Airlines:
|Turkey||Adana, Alanya, Amasya, Ankara, Antalya, Edremit, Batman, Bodrum, Dalaman, Denizli, Diyarbakir, Elazığ, Erzincan, Erzurum, Gaziantep, Hatay, İstanbul, Izmir, Kahramanmaraş, Kars, Kastamonu, Kayseri, Konya, Malatya, Mardin, Muş, Nevşehir, Samsun, Şanlıurfa, Sivas, Trabzon, Van|
|Germany||Freiburg, Berlin, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Erfurt, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Leipzig, Munich, Münster, Nuremberg, Saarbrücken, Stuttgart|
|Russia||Chelyabinsk, Grozny, Krasnodar, Mineralnye Vody, Moscow|
|France||Mulhouse, Lyon, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Paris|
|Ukraine||Kharkiv, Kiev, Lviv, Zaporizhia|
|Italy||Bologna, Milan, Bergamo, Rome|
|Egypt||Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh|
|Switzerland||Basel, Geneva, Zürich|
|United Kingdom||London, Manchester|
|Israel||Eilat, Tel Aviv|
|Northern Cyprus||North Nicosia|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Sarajevo|
Pegasus Airlines Baggage Policy
|Hand Baggage||Max. Size||Max. Weight|
|1 Piece||55x40x20cm||8 kg|
|Ticket Type||Domestic Turkey / Cyprus||International Flight|
|Basic||There is no sales package.||8 kg|
|Essentials||15 kg||20 kg|
|Advantage||20 kg||20 kg|
|Business Flex||15 kg||20 kg|
Pegasus Airlines Reviews
Pegasus Airlines have been rated 4 out of 10 stars by Skytrax reviewed by more than 321 air passengers as of April 2020. SkyTrax rates airlines based upon their quality, performance, and services.
In terms of on-board services, Pegasus air passengers gave 1 star out of 5 for inflight entertainment, 2 stars out of 5 for food & beverages, seat comfort, 3 stars out of 5 for their staff service and value for money.
Choose your Choice to Claim Compensation
Here we have compared 3 different ways to claim compensation: