Norwegian Air Shuttle flight delays or cancellations
Flight delays or cancellations could be a headache, it can affect your travel plans. If any of such mishaps occurred, we are here to help you.
Did your Norwegian Airlines arrive later than 3 hours at the final destination? Under EU law, you could be eligible for compensation from Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines.
We at ClaimFlights make sure to claim against Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines. We work on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis.
To check if you’re eligible, you need to enter flight details in our free flight delay compensation calculator. To fill the Norwegian Air Shuttle compensation claim form, it doesn’t take more than 2 minutes of your precious time.
Find out if you are eligible for compensation
Table of Content
Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines Passengers’ Right to Compensation
If you have booked a flight with Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines, and the flight was delayed, canceled or overbooked, you could be eligible for compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004.
That’s what EU law states. EC 261 rule protects the EU air passengers and helps to receive compensation up to 600€ from the airlines.
Norwegian Air Shuttle flight delay compensation
You are entitled to compensation if your flight with Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines was delayed for more than three hours at the final destination.
Under which circumstances am I eligible for Norwegian flight delay compensation?
The most important factors to claim Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines flight delay compensation are … flight delay compensation are …
- your flight arrived with a delay of more than 3 hours
- your Norwegian Air Shuttle flight was departed or landed at an EU airport
- and, the disruption wasn’t caused due to extraordinary circumstances
How much can you claim for Norwegian Air delayed flight?
The amount of compensation varies from 250€ to 600€. It depends upon the route distance and the length of the delay.
The table below clarifies how much you can claim for Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines’ delayed flight.
|Claim amount||Route distance||Length of delay|
|250€||less than 1500 km||3+ hours|
|400€||between 1500 km to 3500 km||3+ hours|
|600€ *||more than 3500 km||4+ hours (EU borders were crossed)|
Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines departure delays
For 2+ hours departure delays, Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines must offer you …
- free meals and refreshments
- access to 2 free phone calls, email or fax
For flight delays of more than 5 hours …
- you should be re-routed to the earliest available flight. Alternatively, you can ask for a refund of the ticket cost (which should be credited within 7 working days), if you were not willing to travel
- hotel accommodation and transport facility between airport and hotel for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary
In addition to it you are entitled to compensation too, if you reached your final destination with a delay of more than 3 hours.
Can I claim Norwegian Air Shuttle flight compensation due to bad weather?
What should I do before applying for compensation?
- ☛ Ask the airline for the reason behind flight disruption
- ☛ Get confirmation in writing from the airlines’ customer service
- ☛ Note the actual arrival time (i.e., when the plane door was opened)
- ☛ Collect additional evidence (e.g. photos, boarding pass, receipts, etc.)
- ☛ Check if you are eligible for compensation
- ☛ Assign us your case for a hassle-free claim (we work on a “No Win = No Fee” basis)
- ☛ Or, contact the airline directly to claim on your own
Was your Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines flight delayed?
Norwegian Air Flight Cancellation Compensation
During travelling if your flight gets cancelled for unknown reasons, this is the last thing you want. But in this situation again EU Regulation 261 protects your rights.
If your flight was canceled without prior notice of at least 14 days, you may ask for flight cancellation compensation or ask for a Norwegian Air Shuttle refund.
If Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines’ flight was canceled, you have two options to choose from …
- apply for a refund, or
- ask for an alternative flight
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours at the final destination, you could be eligible for canceled flight compensation.
The amount to claim is between 125 euro and 600 euro for a cancelled flight depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- the length of delay, and
- route distance
Whereas, for flight cancellation due to extraordinary circumstances, you could not claim compensation.
How much can I claim for Norwegian Air Shuttle flight cancellations?
Norwegian Air denied boarding compensation
If you were denied boarding due to overbooking, you may be eligible for overbooked flight compensation under the European Regulation EC261 up to 600€.
Whereas to claim compensation …
- you should not give up your seat voluntarily in exchange for some vouchers
- you presented yourself at the airport on time for check-in
- the departure or arrival airport belonged to the EU airport
In case, you were offered an alternate flight of your choice but reached the destination later than two hours, you could ask for compensation.
Norwegian Air Shuttle missed connecting flight compensation
You may be eligible for missed connection compensation under the European Union Regulation EC 261, if…
- the entire journey was booked under one booking reference
- your Norwegian Air Shuttle flight was departed from the EU member state, or arrived at the EU member state
- and, you reached the final destination later than three hours
Does it need to be an EU citizen to claim for Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines' delayed flight?
Here’s the table below to summarize …
|Origin and Destination||EU-regulated Airline||Non-EU regulated Airline|
|EU ✈ EU||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|EU ✈ Non-EU||✅ Yes||✅ Yes|
|Non-EU ✈ EU||✅ Yes||❌ No|
|Non-EU ✈ Non-EU||❌ No||❌ No|
How to apply for compensation for a delayed flight?
- First, check if you are eligible to claim using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us your flight details such as flight number, date, etc.
- We prepare and file a claim on behalf of you, also proceed with legal action if required
- Once we receive compensation, we charge a success fee of 25% + VAT (no VAT for non-EU residents).
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today !
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
- Test Winner in many flight delay provider tests
Assign us your claim and let us fight for your rights
Useful information about Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines
Norwegian Air Shuttle is a very low-cost carrier airline and is considered the 3rd economical airline in Europe. It is the third-largest low-cost airline behind easyJet and Ryanair and ninth-largest low-cost airline in the world. This airline was introduced in 1993. Its headquarters is located in Oslo airport. It is known for its unique design with a white and red nose.
Fleet Size and Destinations
The current fleet size of the airline is 23 aircrafts which serves 149 destinations within 39 countries.
|Norway||Ålesund, Alta, Andenes, Bergen, Bodø, Harstad/Narvik, Haugesund, Kirkenes, Kristiansand, Lakselv, Longyearbyen, Molde, Oslo, Sandefjord, Stavanger, Tromsø, Trondheim|
|Spain||Alicante, Barcelona, Bilbao, Fuerteventura, Ibiza, Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Madrid, Málaga, Menorca, Murcia, Palma de Mallorca, Tenerife|
|United States||Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Orlando, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa|
|Argentina||Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Mendoza, Neuquén, Puerto Iguazú, Salta, San Carlos de Bariloche, San Salvador de Jujuy, Ushuaia|
|Greece||Athens, Cephalonia, Chania, Corfu, Heraklion, Kos, Preveza, Rhodes, Santorini|
|Sweden||Gothenburg, Karlstad, Kiruna, Luleå, Malmö, Stockholm, Umeå, Visby|
|France||Ajaccio, Bastia, Bordeaux, Grenoble, Marseille, Montpellier, Nice|
|Italy||Catania, Milan, Naples, Olbia, Palermo, Pisa, Rome, Venice|
|Poland||Gdańsk, Kraków, Poznań, Szczecin, Warsaw, Wrocław|
|Finland||Helsinki, Ivalo, Kittilä, Oulu, Rovaniemi, Vaasa|
|Germany||Berlin, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich|
|Croatia||Dubrovnik, Pula, Rijeka, Split, Zagreb|
|Portugal||Faro, Funchal, Lisbon, Ponta Delgada|
|Denmark||Aalborg, Billund, Copenhagen|
|Lithuania||Kaunas, Palanga, Vilnius|
|United Kingdom||Edinburgh, Manchester|
|Brazil||Rio de Janeiro|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Sarajevo|
|United Arab Emirates||Dubai|
Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines Baggage Policy
|Ticket Type||Hand Baggage||Max. Size||Hand Baggage||Max. Size||Max. Weight|
|LowFare||1 Bag||55x40x23||1 Small Personall Item||25x33x20 cm||10 kg|
|PremiumFlex||1 Bag||55x40x23 cm||1 Small Personal Item||25x33x20 cm||15 kg|
|Ticket Type||All flights excl. long haul||Max. Weight||Ticket Type||International long haul flights||Max. Weight|
|LowFare||No bags included||–||LowFare||No bags included||–|
|LowFare+||1 Bag||20kg||LowFare+||1 Bag||20kg|
|Flex||2 Bag||20kg||Flex, Premium, PremiumFlex||2 Bag||20kg|
Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines Reviews
Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines have been rated 5 out of 10 stars by Skytrax reviewed by more than 1294 air passengers as of April 2020. SkyTrax rates airlines based upon their quality, performance, and services.
In terms of on-board services, Norwegian Air Shuttle Airlines air passengers gave 3 stars out of 5 for inflight entertainment, food & beverages, seat comfort, value for money, and staff service.
Choose your Choice to Claim Compensation
Here we have compared 3 different ways to claim compensation: