Claim Compensation for Jet2 Delayed or Cancelled Flights
If your Jet2 flight was delayed for more than three hours or canceled without prior notice, you might have the right to claim compensation up to 600€ under European Regulation EC 261. We’re here to help you with Jet2 airline’s delay compensation on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis.
Enter your flight details and check how much you can claim
Table of Content
When can you claim compensation for Jet2 Airlines’ flight delays?
Here is all you need to know to claim compensation of up to 600€ per passenger under the EU 261 rule for Jet2 delayed flights
- your flight arrived with a delay of more than 3 hours
- you have been departed from an EU airport
- you arrived at an EU airport with an EU-registered airline
- the delay was not due to any extraordinary circumstances
Confused whether you are eligible for Jet2 flight delay compensation, or not?. Claimflights can make your claiming process easy. Use our free flight compensation checker tool to know how much compensation you can request from the airlines.
How much can you claim for Jet2 flight delays?
The amount of compensation to claim from Jet2 airlines varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.
The table below shows the amount of compensation you may receive for Jet2 flight delays
(up to 1500 km)
(1501 to 3500 km)
(more than 3500 km)
|e.g., Frankfurt to Madrid||e.g., Frankfurt to Istanbul||e.g., Frankfurt to New York|
* the amount may get reduced by 50%, i.e., you may get up to 300€ for a distance of over 3500 km if EU borders were not crossed.
Was your Jet2 flight delayed or canceled? Check our price comparison page to understand which flight compensation company charges the lowest service fees to offer you the best flight delay claim payout.
Your Flight Has Been Delayed or Canceled. What Should You Do?
Ask a reason for the delay
Note Arrival Time
Collect evidence such as pictures of arrival board, boarding pass, receipts, etc., to prove the delay.
Claim Money Back
Assign us your case for a hassle-free claim (we work on a "No Win – No Fee" basis) and Sit Back & Relax.
Air Passenger Rights for Jet2 Flight Delays, Cancellations, Overbooking, and Missed Connection
Under EC Regulation 261/2004, air passengers are entitled to compensation or refund from the airlines for longer flight delays, cancellations, and denied boarding due to overbooking.
In these cases, you can claim compensation if the airline was responsible for …
- ☛flight delays: if you reached the final destination with more than 3 hours delay.
- ☛flight cancellations: if you were informed about flight cancellation without prior notice of at least 0 to 14 days of departure.
- ☛overbooking: if you were denied boarding your flight due to overselling of flight tickets.
- ☛missed connection: if you missed your connecting flight due to a delay or cancellation of your first flight and reached later than 3 hours at the final destination.
Whereas, if the flight disruptions were caused due to some extraordinary circumstances, there is no compensation.
Such circumstances include security threats, strike, tsunami, extreme bad weather conditions, or any ‘Act of God’.
To read more about your right to reimbursement, continue reading our EC261 – EU air passenger rights guide.
Jet2 Airlines delayed flight rights
Under the EU Law (EC Regulation 261), you may claim Jet2 flight delay compensation only if …
✔your flight had 3+ hours delay at the arrival airport, i.e., at the final destination
✔you were departed from EU airport or arrived at EU airport
Within the EU:
- If you travel up to 1,500 km or less, then you can claim up to 250€
- And over 1,500 km, you can claim up to 400€
Between EU Airport And Non-EU Airport:
- If you travel up to 1,500 km or less, then you can claim up to 250€
- If the distance is between 1,500 – 3,500 km, then you can claim up to 400€
- And if the distance is over 3500 km and the delay goes beyond 4 hours, you can claim financial compensation up to 600€
Flight departure delays
If Jet2 flight delays for more than two hours, passengers are entitled to ‘Right to Care’ assistance.
For 2+ Hours of Flight Delays
For 5+ Hours of Flight Delays
Hotel accommodation & transport facility for an overnight delay.
Plus, compensation of up to 600 Euros, if you reached your final destination later than three hours.
Jet2 Flight Cancellation Compensation
If your flight was canceled without prior notice of at least 14 days, you may ask for Jet2 Cancelled flight compensation or get a refund.
There are two options available for you to choose from …
- You can either apply for a ticket refund or
- You may ask for a change of flight or an alternate flight.
You are entitled to canceled flight compensation if your alternate or replacement flight gets delayed beyond the scheduled arrival time.
The amount varies between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- days you were informed before
- length of delay, and
- route distance
Jet2 Airlines denied boarding rights
If you were denied boarding, you may be eligible for jet2 flight compensation under the European Regulation EC261 up to 600€ if …
- you have presented yourself on time for check-in, and
- you have a valid flight reservation and travel documentation, and
- you were denied boarding due to overbooking (overselling of flight tickets), and
- you didn’t voluntarily give up your seat
If you were denied to board the flight due to overbooking, you should be re-routed to the earliest available flight.
Alternatively, you can ask for a refund of the ticket cost (which should be credited in the next 7 working days), if you are not willing to travel.
If you had been stranded at the airport for your replacement flight, it’s your right to ask for free:
- meals and refreshments
- 2 calls, email or fax service
- hotel accommodation and transport facility (for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary)
Jet2 Airlines missed connecting flight rights
A connecting flight is a flight booked under one booking number or in one booking event.
You may be eligible for missed flight compensation up to 600€ under the European Union Regulation EC261 if …
- →the same airline operates your connecting flight(s) which you missed due to a problem on your first flight, and
- → the delay at the final destination is more than three hours.
Am I eligible to claim compensation?
EC Regulation 261/2004 is a European law. It applies to EU airspace. You do not have to be an EU citizen to claim jet2 compensation for flight delays.
It states that you can claim for flights departing from an airport in the EU Member States (with any airline) or arriving at an airport in the EU Member States with an EU-regulated airline.
|Origin and Destination||EU Airline||Non-EU Airline|
|EU ✈ EU||✅||✅|
|EU ✈ Non-EU||✅||✅|
|Non-EU ✈ EU||✅||❌|
|Non-EU ✈ Non-EU||❌||❌|
Calculate the Compensation amount Jet2 Airlines owes you
Air passengers are often unaware of their rights and end up claiming a futile amount compared to what they are entitled to receive.
At “ClaimFlights,” we facilitate a free flight delay compensation calculator. It helps you calculate the amount you can demand from the airline.
You can check for free the amount Jet2 Airlines owes you in just 2 minutes.
How to proceed with your claim for delayed or canceled flights?
Gather proof of flight disruption
- get a confirmation in writing from the airlines
- take photos of the flight information board
- gather contact details of co-passengers (who can act as a witness)
Keep your documents ready
- flight documents (flight ticket, boarding pass)
- receipts or bills of additional costs (e.g. taxi, food & meals, and accommodation)
- enter your flight details
- know the amount to claim (if you have any questions, read this guide)
- fill the claim form (doesn’t take more than 2 minutes)
- you can choose “Claim Flights” to enforce your rights
How to claim compensation for Jet2 Airlines delays?
In general, when passengers approach the airline, they are excused with reasons such as ‘extraordinary circumstances,’ thus no compensation.
But, we know the actual reason behind the flight disruptions and may help you with your claim.
To proceed with your claim, check your flight in our flight compensation checker tool.
You must provide us with your flight number, journey date, and further information.
If you further decide to claim through us, provide us with your personal details and assign us by signing the digital contract.
We work on a “No Win = No Fee” basis. You don’t need to pay anything if we are not successful. You will not have financial risk. You pay only if we get money.
Our claim experts will work with various other teams to collect data, so everything goes smoothly.
Our claim experts have access to flight information such as the time by which the flight was delayed, the reason behind it, flight departure and arrival time, etc. making us more likely to win the compensation.
Don’t be late; claim for your rights today.
Why choose “ClaimFlights”?
No win = No fee
Success Fee 25%
No Legal Action Fee
Close to 100% Success
Useful Information About Jet2 Airlines
Jet2 is the most economical airline of Britain. The headquarters of Jet2 Airlines is located in England that is in Leeds, Bradford. All the base of Jet2 airline is located in England. The following are some of the operational basis of Jet2 airline:
- Leeds Bradford
- Belfast International
- East Midlands
The base of Jet2 airline is also outside Europe that is in Spain, and Alicante. The subsidiary of jet2.com airline is Dart Group PLC. The company of Dart Group PLC was first established in 1983 under the name Channel Express, and in 2002, it was renamed.
The first operation of the airline was from Leeds to Amsterdam in 2003. The first flight had 360,000 air passengers; in the same year, the figure turned into one million passengers. The jet2.com airline also provides the cheapest services to passengers through the subsidiary.
Major Destinations of jet2.com
- La Rochelle
- Malta and Lisbon, Faro, Funchal, Krakow, Barcelona, Alicante, Ibiza, Canaria, Gran Malaga, Minorca, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Bodrum, Geneva and Antalya.
Achievements of Jet2.com
This airline’s social network is so vast that the passengers can communicate with the authority anywhere. The Jet2.com airline achieved two very notable awards: “Best Airline Award” and “Best Short Haul Airline.”
You may be interested to read the articles below
How much compensation can I get for a delayed flight?
A plane delay occurs, and it is a common thing for air travelers. But, it is important to know your rights in case you face one....
What are my rights in the event of flight cancellation?
Flight cancellations can put any passenger in distress, which leads to travel plans in suffering and the consequences could be serious.....
Choose your Choice to Claim Compensation
Here we have compared 3 different ways to claim compensation: