EasyJet Flight Delay or Cancellation Compensation
Have you ever experienced a lengthy flight delay or cancellation with EasyJet? If you were among the one who faced flight disruption, you may have the right to compensation up to 600€ under European Regulation EC 261.
Sometimes the airline may refuse to pay the compensation, if you want to ensure you get your money back you may use our claim service for a hassle-free claim. Our claim experts will claim EasyJet flight delay compensation on behalf of you.
Claim Flights have a special flight compensation calculator which helps you to calculate the exact amount you are entitled to claim from the airlines. So don’t delay and claim your flight delay refund today.
Find out if you are eligible for compensation
Jump Straight to the Topic:
|Length of Delay||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|3+ hours||less than 1500 km||250€ (approx. $280)|
|Between 1500 km to 3500 km||400€ (approx. $450)|
|more than 1500 km (within EU)||400€ (approx. $450)|
|3 to 4 hours||3500+ km (EU to Non-EU flight)||300€ (approx. $340)||4+ hours||3500+ km (EU to Non-EU flight)||600€ (approx. $680)|
*the amount may get reduced by 50%, i.e., 300€, for a distance over 3500 km, but when EU borders were not crossed.
EasyJet departure delays
If your EasyJet flight is delayed for more than 2 hours, you are entitled to “Right to Care” assistance.
- free meals and refreshments
- access to 2 free phone calls, email or fax
And, If your flight was delayed for more than five hours,
- you can request a refund
- hotel accommodation and transport facility for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary
What should you do when your EasyJet flight is delayed?
- ☛ ask the airlines’ for the reason behind it
- ☛ get a confirmation of it, in writing
- ☛ note the actual arrival time when you landed
- ☛ collect evidence (e.g. boarding pass, voucher, receipts, etc)
- ☛ check if you are eligible for compensation
- ☛ assign us your case for a hassle-free claim
- ☛ or, claim on your own, if you’re sure to get compensation yourself
EasyJet flight delays over 3 hours?
EasyJet flight cancellation compensation
Airlines can cancel a flight for a number of reasons. If EasyJet canceled your flight without prior notice of at least 14 days, you could be entitled to cancelled flight compensation or refund under EU Regulation 261/2004.
The amount of compensation to be claimed for canceled flight is between 125€ and 600€ depending upon…
- you were informed about flight cancellations less than 14 days prior to departure
- the flights’ departure was from the EU airport
- the reason behind the cancellation was the airlines’ responsibility
If EasyJet flight cancels, you have two options to choose from …
- you can either apply for a refund, or
- you may ask for the change of flight
- If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation.
You can claim between 125€ and 600€ depending upon …
- the days you were informed before
- the length of delay, and
- route distance
If your alternate flight delays for more than 2 hours, you could be eligible for compensation.
However, there are some cases when you are not eligible to get the compensation. It included bad weather conditions, security threats, air traffic control (ATC) restrictions, and employers’ strike.
How much can I claim for flight cancellations??
Missed your connecting flight with EasyJet?
You may be entitled to EasyJet missed connecting flight compensation under the European Union Regulation EC 261, if …
- the entire journey was booked under one booking reference
- and, the delay at the final destination was over three hours
You could claim up to 600€ for a missed flight. Whereas, in order to be eligible for compensation you must satisfy the above criteria.
EasyJet denied boarding compensation
If you were denied boarding due to overbooking, you could be eligible for compensation under EU law.
EasyJet denied boarding rules say …
- it is necessary for you to not give up your seat voluntarily in exchange for some vouchers
- you presented yourself on time at the airport
- you had all the travel documents
- the departure or arrival airport belongs to the EU member states
In case, you were offered an alternate flight of your choice but reached the destination later than two hours, you could be eligible for compensation.
How to claim compensation for EasyJet delayed flight?
We are specialized in helping passengers get their compensation from the airline.
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some further flight information, and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf in front of the airline, or court (if required).
- On a successful claim, we charge a success fee of 25% (VAT not applicable to US or non-EU residents).
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
About EasyJet Airlines
Easyjet Airlines is a low-cost British airline with its headquarters at London Luton Airport, established in 1995.
It operates domestic and international flights to more than 300 countries along with associate companies EasyJet UK, EasyJet Europe and EasyJet Switzerland.
It has 29 bases throughout Europe, the largest being Gatwick.
Fleet Size and Destinations
EasyJet Airlines operates 337 aircraft and serves to 136 destinations as of February 2019,
The following are destinations of EasyJet flights:
|United Kingdom||Birmingham, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Edinburgh|
|Germany||Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich|
|Italy||Bologna, Milan, Rome, Venice|
|France||Lyon, Nice, Paris|
EasyJet allows passengers to check-in online with the help of the Easyjet mobile app feature or web check-in service.
Online check-in time is available between 30 days and 2 hours before your flight departure time. It is a quick and easy way to print or scan your boarding pass, or to change your booking as per your convenience.
EasyJet Baggage Policy
|Hand Baggage||Max. Size||Max. Weight|
|1 Bag||56x45x25cm||No weight limit|
|Checked Baggage||Max. Size||Max. Weight|
|3 Bag||275 cm||23kg|
Note: Passenger can buy extra in 3kg units, up to a maximum of 32 kg per bag
EasyJet Cancellation Policy
EasyJet cancellation policy depends on the time you canceled your booking, if you cancel within 24 hours of booking, you may get a full refund minus the cancellation fee.
And if you cancel your flight beyond 24 hours after booking, then you may not get a refund.
To know more about EasyJet cancellation policy, we recommend you to go through their cancellation policy.
In terms of airline review, Skytrax has rated EasyJet Airline as an average of 5 stars out of 10 based on 1222 customer reviews as of April 15, 2020, for its customer services and performance.
Customers have rated 3 of 5 stars for its Food & Beverages, Seat Comfort, Value for Money and Staff Service and 1 of 5 stars for In-flight entertainment.
EasyJet Contact Information:
Before you go, we have interesting articles that might help you to claim compensation easily.
International Legal Strategist