Brussels Airlines Compensation for Flight Delays or Cancellations
Continue reading this guide, and you will get to know about your rights, what makes you eligible for compensation, and how easy it is to file a claim.
You can make use of our free flight compensation calculator. You just need to enter your flight
information and reason behind delay or cancellation.
Find out how much money you may receive
Jump Straight to the Topic:
|Length of Delay||Travel Distance||Compensation|
|3+ hours||less than 1500 km||250€ (approx. $280)|
|Between 1500 km to 3500 km||400€ (approx. $450)|
|more than 1500 km (within EU)||400€ (approx. $450)|
|3 to 4 hours||3500+ km (EU to Non-EU flight)||300€ (approx. $340)||4+ hours||3500+ km (EU to Non-EU flight)||600€ (approx. $680)|
*the amount may get reduced by 50%, i.e., 300€, for a distance over 3500 km, but when EU borders were not crossed.
Calculate how much you can claim?
Brussels Airlines departure delays
Here’s what the airline should assist you with if your flight delays at departure …
- free meals and refreshments
- access to 2 free phone calls, email or fax
- If you are unwilling to fly, you can ask for a refund of ticket cost
- hotel accommodation and transport facility for an overnight delay, or when stay becomes necessary
Brussels Airlines missed connecting flight compensation
In order to claim compensation for a missed connecting flight, it is necessary that you booked the entire journey under one booking reference and your flight should be delayed for more than 3 hours.
Brussels Airlines overbooked flight compensation
- you have presented yourself on time for check-in, and
- you have a valid flight reservation and travel documentation, and
- you didn’t voluntarily give up your seat
- you reached the destination later than three hours
Can I claim for Brussels Airlines flight delays or cancellations due to extraordinary circumstances?
Examples of extraordinary circumstances include:
- Bad weather (i.e. snowstorms, windstorms, low visibility)
- Strikes of the airport personnel and union strikes
- Bird strikes
- Air traffic control (ATC) restrictions
- Political and civil unrest
How to claim compensation for Brussels Airlines delays?
We are specialized in helping passengers get their compensation from the airline.
- To proceed, check your flight using our compensation checker tool.
- Provide us with some further flight information, and you are all set.
- We prepare and file a claim on your behalf in front of the airline, or court (if required).
- On a successful claim, we charge a success fee of 25% (VAT not applicable to US or non-EU residents).
- Don’t be late, claim for your rights today
Why should you choose “ClaimFlights”?
- No win No fee. Yes, you read it right, you need to pay nothing unless we win the case
- No additional legal action fee, or admin fee (even if we have to take your case to court)
- Close to 100% Success in court
- Success Fee 25% + VAT (no VAT, if you are a non-EU resident)
- Best Payout when compared with the other flight delay claim companies
About Brussels Airlines
It was formed with the help of Virgin and SN Brussels Airlines. Brussels Airlines is part of the Lufthansa Group.
Brussel Airlines is a member of the International Air Transport Association and the Star Alliance.
Fleet Size & Destinations
Brussels Airlines Flight Destinations
|Spain||Alicante, Barcelona, Bilbao, Jerez de la Frontera, Madrid, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, Seville, Tenerife, Las Palmas|
|France||Ajaccio, Bastia, Bordeaux, Calvi, Figari, Lourdes, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Paris, Strasbourg, Toulouse|
|Italy||Bologna, Catania, Comiso, Florence, Milan, Naples, Palermo, Rome, Turin, Venice|
|United Kingdom||Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, London, Manchester|
|Germany||Berlin, Bremen, Hamburg, Hanover, Nuremberg|
|Greece||Athens, Heraklion, Rhodes, Thessaloniki|
|United States||New York City, Washington D.C|
|Portugal||Faro, Funchal, Lisbon, Porto|
|Switzerland||Geneva, Basel, Mulhouse|
|Russia||Moscow, St Petersburg|
|Democratic Republic of Congo||Kinshasa|
Check-in facility Policy
Brussels Airlines Reviews & Statistics
Customers have rated 3 of 5 stars for its Food & Beverages, Seat Comfort, Value for Money, and 3 of 5 stars for Staff Service. Customers usually complain about In-flight entertainment service.
Brussels Airlines Contact details:
✈ Customer care number: 1800 102 5838
Before you go, we have interesting articles that might help you to claim compensation easily.
International Legal Strategist
Choose your Choice to Claim Compensation
Here we have compared 3 different ways to claim compensation: