Everything You Need To Know About US Passport Renewal
Everything you should know about renewing your passport
There are different processes to which you can apply depending on the type of case. However, not every passport can be renewed. It must comply with each of the passport renewal eligibility criteria so that renewal can be processed.
Let’s take a look at each of the cases, and how you should proceed:
What do you need to renew your passport?
Moreover, for this, you should have a brief idea of how long does passport renewal take or what do I need to renew my passport? You can either pay the passport renewal fee online or pay it when you are renewing passport offline.
- Your passport can’t be more than 5 years from its expiration date. That is, 15 years since it was issued, don’t wait till last moment to renew it.
- Your passport must be in your possession.If you, unfortunately, lost your passport on a business trip, you have been robbed or you just can’t find it then you have to carry out the passport replacement process, not the renewal.
- You must have been at least 16 when you got your last passport.The passport renewal process is not used under 16 child passports. Children who are minors have to opt for the renewal of the passport for minors, which will be valid for 5 more years. If you turned 16 since you took your last passport you can opt for an adult Passport.
- One passport photo.
- A photocopy of your driver license or other state-issued ID (front and back) clearly mentioning your date of birth
- Your current US passport
- You have to complete your Passport Renewal Application Form (DS-82) online or you can complete it offline.
- You must pay your Passport Renewal Fee – this cost $110 and $170 if you need expedited service. Expedited Service Will Cost an extra $60. It has to be addressed to “US Department of State”
- If you made a name change since the last time your passport was issued you must comply with a certified copy of the name change copy. This document will be sent back to you in a separate mail.
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Decree
- Court-ordered name change document
After you have all the documents there are three different ways to continue the procedure:
- Mail– you can send your passport renewal application so that it can be processed by the National Passport Center.
- If you are in a hurry and need to accelerate the whole process you can go to a Passport Expediting Company. You only have to send your documents to of these companies so that they can expedite your process.
- If you like to do your own paperwork you can always go to a Passport Agency.Passport acceptance facility is authorized by the U.S. Department of State to accept and verify the documents, signature, and identity for passport applications.
Passport renewal through Post Office
How long does a passport last
However, it is always recommended when making travel plans orinternational travels to have more than 6 months of validity in your passportto allow you to travel to that country. Some airlines will prevent you from traveling if the validity period of your passport is less than 6 since you arrived in that country.
However, it is always recommended when making travel plans or international travels to have more than 6 months of validity in your passport to allow you to travel to that country. Some airlines will prevent you from traveling if the validity period of your passport is less than 6 since you arrived in that country.
How long does it take to renew a passport?
The fastest way to renew your passport.
However, if you want to attend in person it is always advisable to call theNational Passport Information Center.There are currently 26 locations across the whole country and you can get the data online.
If you have travel plans or international flights and urgently need the passport expediting companies is the best option.They can give you your passport in a time of 24 hours without having to personally attend in person.
Always bear in mind that having your passport up to date is essential since you will not know when you will need to use it in an emergency.
Digital Marketing Strategist
Pramod Ram heads the Online Marketing and Content Marketing Team at Claim Flights GmbH. He loves to travel, read books, watch movies and do intensive research.
If your flight delays for more than 3 hours, or was canceled, you may be eligible for compensation up to €600 based on EU 261 rule.Check For Free
We offer "No Win - No Fee" Services, so claiming is Risk-Free!
When it comes to the world, the place is one of the most beautiful arenas. The most amazing places in the world allow you to set your foot in the world to enjoy the view of the world. In this blog, we have brought for you the top 10 most...
Thinking of which site you look to watch out for your cheap airfare in order to book the cheapest ticket? Well, you are not the only one. There are many portals with regards to picking the best flight-booking site nowadays in terms of...
When Technical Glitches Ground Your Plans: Flight Delays Explained Flight delays can be incredibly frustrating, especially when they disrupt carefully planned itineraries and cause inconvenience to travelers. While various reasons can...