3+ Hours Flight Delays? Get Your Money Back
Was your flight delayed for more than three hours? You might be eligible for compensation, but many travelers don’t know when and how to claim it.
Fear not, we’re here to guide you. Tap the link below and discover the steps to retrieve what’s rightfully yours.
Your Rights for Delayed Flights
Under the EU Air Passenger Rights Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004, you may be entitled to certain compensations or refunds for air travel delays. Here’s a breakdown of your potential entitlements:
- For setbacks exceeding 2 hours, airlines ought to offer complimentary snacks, meals, and beverages. Additionally, passengers should be granted two phone calls and access to email or fax.
- Arriving over 3 hours late at your final stop? You might qualify for delayed flight compensation reaching up to 600 euros.
- Experiencing delays beyond 5 hours? At this point, you can seek a refund. And for overnight delays, airlines should provide hotel accommodation and transportation.
- Airlines are only exempt from compensation claims for extraordinary circumstances, which are beyond their control.
Identifying Eligibility for Compensation
When it comes to compensation for a delayed flight under EU Air Passenger Rights, it must meet certain conditions. If your plane arrives at the airport at least three hours later than the scheduled arrival time, you might qualify for compensation.
You could be eligible for compensation even if you are from outside the European Union. Your flight must have departed from or arrived in the EU with an EU-regulated airline.
A flight can be considered delayed even if the plane lands on time, but passengers have to wait longer inside the plane for other reasons. The plane is officially considered to have arrived when at least one of its doors opens, and passengers can exit.
If you missed your flight connection because of a delay in a previous flight, you may also be eligible for compensation if you reach your final destination more than three hours later on a replacement flight.
*Note: It’s imperative that both legs of the journey were reserved together for this clause to be relevant.
Determining the Amount of Compensation
The compensation sum you’re eligible for varies based on your journey’s distance and the length of the delay. Amounts oscillate between 250 and 600 euros.
Here’s a concise table elucidating potential compensation as per EU law EC 261:
|Length of Delay||Route Distance
|3 hours or more||Under 1,500 km||250 Euros|
|3 hours or more||1,500 km to 3,500 km||400 Euros|
|4 hours or more *||Beyond 3,500 km||600 Euros|
*Note: For routes that don’t transcend EU frontiers, compensation might be slashed by up to 50%. Hence, in such scenarios, you might receive as much as 300 euros.
How to File your Claim for Flight Delays of More than 3 Hours?
Navigating the realm of claims doesn’t have to be daunting. With ClaimFlights, one of the premier agencies in the delay compensation sector, you’re in adept hands.
Step 1: Organize Essential Documentation
To fortify and expedite your claim:
- Retain a copy of your journey schedule.
- Jot down the precise departure and landing times.
- Secure your boarding pass.
- Document any added expenditures, such as meals and accommodation
Step 2: Lodge Your Claim
Armed with your documentation, proceed to ClaimFlights’ compensation estimator. Input pertinent details, and let their adept team amass and forward requisite evidence to the airline, bolstering the potency of your claim.
Step 3: Awaiting Compensation
Upon marshaling adequate proof, ClaimFlights will swiftly negotiate with the airline. Their dedication to upholding rights under EU law EC 261 ensures robust representation. Once triumphant, they’ll transfer the compensation (after deducting a service charge) directly to your bank.
Which is the best company to claim flight delay compensation?
ClaimFlights is the best flight delay claim company when it comes to the payout after their 25% service fee. Through ClaimFlights, you could get 75% of the receivable compensation.
The following table gives you a direct comparison of flight delay compensation claim companies.
Your payout* (as Flight Delay Compensation)
|for less than 1500 km||for 1501 to 3500 km||for more than 3500 km|
|ClaimFlights||187.50 €||300 €||450 €|
|Flightright||125.75 €||201.20 €||301.80 €|
|AirHelp||125 €||200 €||300 €|
|ClaimCompass||125 €||200 €||300 €|
|SkyRefund||125 €||200 €||300 €|
* Source: Price comparison of flight delay claim companies, as of 8th August 2023.
Our Role in Assisting Your Compensation Journey
A vast number of travelers are unfamiliar with their entitlements under EU law and EC 261. Enter ClaimFlights, your dedicated guide in navigating this terrain!
Here’s what sets ClaimFlights apart:
- Comprehensive Toolkit: With tools like our flight compensation checker, ready-to-use claim letter templates, an exhaustive database, and insightful guides, we’ve got you covered.
- Expertise on Demand: Our proficient team stands ready, armed with expertise, to champion your rights.
- Holistic Claim Review: Using our state-of-the-art database, we’ll meticulously evaluate your claim’s validity.
- Hassle-Free Processing: If your claim holds merit, rest easy as we manage all paperwork, ensuring seamless filing.
- Legal Muscle: Should negotiations stall or legal avenues beckon, our seasoned legal ensemble is prepped to take charge.
- Round-the-Clock Support: Queries or concerns? Our omnipresent customer service, accessible via chat, email, phone, or social media, guarantees prompt resolutions.
- Swift Settlements: We pride ourselves on expediting most compensation payouts within a mere 90 days post authentic claim submission.
Have you encountered an air travel delay extending beyond 3 hours upon reaching your final destination? Hesitate no more. Reach out to ClaimFlights and let us champion your cause!
Thinking of which site you look to watch out for your cheap airfare in order to book the cheapest ticket? Well, you are not the only one. There are many portals with regards to picking the best flight-booking site nowadays in terms of...
When Technical Glitches Ground Your Plans: Flight Delays Explained Flight delays can be incredibly frustrating, especially when they disrupt carefully planned itineraries and cause inconvenience to travelers. While various reasons can...
Tactics to Deal with Turbulence: Strategies To Remain Clam and Relax Turbulence is an unavoidable challenge that pilots and passengers face. It refers to the unpredictable and erratic movements of the air, causing disruptions to the...