5 Secret Tricks to Get the Highest Compensation for Flight Delays
Ugh, who hasn’t been caught up in the middle of major flight delays? It’s easy to become frustrated when you have to reschedule plans and waste your time waiting for a new flight or just being stranded at the airport.
That’s where ClaimFlights comes in! We are here to help you get the highest possible compensation for your delayed or canceled flight. But what if you’ve been affected by a delay or cancelation due to events outside the airlines’ control.
Our team of experts knows all the secret tricks so that you can maximize your compensation and get what you’re owed. In this blog post, we’ll take you through five important steps on how to claim maximum compensation for a delayed flight. Let’s dive in!
1. Get Familiar With Your Rights
When your plane is delayed, it can be frustrating and confusing to figure out what your options are. That’s why it’s important to familiarize yourself with your rights ahead of time.
If your flight is delayed by over 2 hours at departure, the airline should offer food, beverages, and accommodation for passengers in case of an overnight delay.
If your flight has been delayed for more than three hours, you’re entitled to some form of compensation under the European Union EU Regulation 261/2004.
EU regulation not only protects you from long delays but also entitles you to a reimbursement of up to 600 euros.
Of course, the compensation amount is dependent upon both the route’s distance and the duration of the delay, and other variables such as location and intention of travel.
But no matter which airline you’re flying with – whether it’s a large carrier or a low-cost airline – knowing about your rights will help put you in a better position when that dreaded moment arrives and you need to claim for your delayed flight.
2. Know the Rules Regarding Flight Delays
Do you know the right set of rules when claiming flight compensation? Knowing the rules governing air travel delays is essential in helping you receive the highest possible payout.
Here are some key rules to bear in mind:
- The airline must be responsible or at fault for the delays
- You must be a passenger on a flight within the European Union (EU)
- The flight’s arrival must have been delayed by three hours or more
- Your claim should be submitted within 3 years of the date of your flight
- There shouldn’t be any exceptional circumstances, which are beyond the airlines’ control.
The best way to make sure that your claim for compensation is successful is by understanding these rules and knowing how they apply to your specific situation.
This can help determine whether you qualify for financial compensation from the airline, and just how much money you can expect to receive.
Bags packed for your flight? EU law might entitle you to compensation for flight delays. Get the lowdown on your rights for delayed flight now!
3. How Much Compensation for a Delayed Flight?
Flight delay compensation amounts vary between 250 Euros to 600 Euros. It depends on the route distance and the length of the delay.
Here’s the table below to understand “how much compensation you may get for a delayed flight”
|Recievable Amount||Route Distance||Length of Delay|
|250€||less than 1500 km||3+ hours|
|400€||between 1500 to 3500 km||3+ hours|
|600€||more than 3500 km||4+ hours *|
* When EU borders are not crossed, the amount may get reduced by 50%, i.e., you can get up to 300€ for a distance of over 3500 km.
Which is the best company to claim flight delay compensation?
ClaimFlights is the best flight delay claim company when it comes to the payout after their 25% service fee. Through ClaimFlights, you could get 75% of the receivable compensation.
The following table gives you a direct comparison of flight delay compensation claim companies.
Your payout* (as Flight Delay Compensation)
|for less than 1500 km||for 1501 to 3500 km||for more than 3500 km|
|ClaimFlights||187.50 €||300 €||450 €|
|Flightright||125.75 €||201.20 €||301.80 €|
|AirHelp||125 €||200 €||300 €|
|ClaimCompass||125 €||200 €||300 €|
|SkyRefund||125 €||200 €||300 €|
* Source: Price comparison of flight delay claim companies, as of 8th August 2023.
4. Be Ready to Negotiate for the Highest Amount
If you want to claim the highest amount of compensation, be ready to negotiate. Don’t accept the amount that is initially offered to you by the airline, consider negotiating for more. Most airlines will try to give you the least amount possible so it’s important to negotiate hard with them.
Here are some tips on how to get the maximum payout:
- Understand your rights – research what your rights under EU Law are, so you know exactly what compensation or other services (such as meals, hotel stays, etc.) you are entitled to.
- Know what kind of evidence you should collect – having precise documents such as travel itineraries, boarding passes, and payment records can help strengthen your case for more money.
- Explain why you deserve higher compensation – make sure to explain in detail the impact and losses suffered during your delay so that airlines can understand why they should offer you more money.
- Don’t be afraid to repeat your offer multiple times – if airlines don’t respond to your initial request then try repeating it multiple times with more detailed supporting evidence each time until they agree with it or make a counteroffer.
- Use an experienced flight delay claim company – one of the best tricks is using a professional flight claim company such as ClaimFlights which has years of experience dealing with airline companies and can get the maximum payout in the minimum time frame!
5. Act Swiftly for the Highest Chance of Success
It pays to act quickly. The longer you wait to make a delay claim, the lower your chance of success!
By acting swiftly and taking advantage of our reliable service, you will have the highest chance of success in securing flight compensation.
When submitting your flight delay claim through ClaimFlights, you can expect an initial response within 2 weeks. The entire process can take 2-6 months. We make sure to work with each claimant as efficiently as possible and do our best to maximize the payout every passenger deserves. And if something comes up during the process, our customer support team is always there to answer any questions or concerns you might have.
Try ClaimFlights for Maximum Compensation
Are you looking for the best way to get the maximum compensation for your delayed flight? Try ClaimFlights!
With ClaimFlights, you don’t have to wait for long, boring processes – we make it super fast and easy for you to claim your rights and get compensated. Plus, we’re specialized in flight compensation claims, we can understand your pain and what you need and provide a fair settlement.
ClaimFlights understands the importance of air passengers’ rights and offers maximum payout compared to other claim companies. Plus, ClaimFlights has an almost 100% success rate so far for processing delayed flight claims.
So if you want a quick and easy way to claim your rights as an airline passenger with guaranteed maximum compensation, why not try ClaimFlights’ services today?
Remember, when your flight is delayed and you would like to get the highest compensation, you don’t have to go through the daunting process of claiming your compensation on your own.
The ClaimFlights team is here to offer you the highest payout for your claim, making sure you get the maximum compensation you deserve following the EU Regulation 261/2004.
We invite you to try our easy-to-use online claim calculator and get the most out of your delayed flight. Our team is always available to answer your questions and guide you through the process. Put your trust in ClaimFlights, and we will be sure to make it worth your while.
Was your flight delayed? You may be eligible for compensation
Has your flight been delayed for more than 3 hours or even canceled? Don't worry, you may be eligible for compensation up to 600€ under the EU Regulation 261/2004.Check if You're Eligible
We offer "No Win - No Fee" Services, so claiming is Risk-Free!
Lost Luggage: What to Do If Your Bags Don't Arrive with You Traveling can be a joyous and enriching experience, but sometimes, things don't go as planned. One such inconvenience that can throw a wrench into your travel plans is when your...
How Much Does Flight Delay Claim Companies Charge? You've just had your flight delayed or canceled and you're trying to figure out how to get compensated for all the hassle. One of the solutions is to hire a flight delay claim company...
Bumped from Flight? Compensation under EU & US law Have you ever looked forward to a trip, only to find out that your flight has been overbooked? This can happen for a variety of reasons and can leave you feeling incredibly frustrated...